STAR TREK 2d20
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Thread: Tome of Beasts

Blog Entries

Tome of Beasts

Does anyone have the Tome of Beasts? I am running a steampunk campaign in 5e and the one thing I lack is a proper amount of baddies to throw at my group. I see there's clockwork creatures in it. Anything else that would fit in a steampunk setting?
    See through the skies, far beyond our world tonight,
    Hear the sounds of freedom ring, in a silent dream,
    and a million miles away.
    Reach for the stars, and live our lives forever free,
    In our hearts for a thousand years, and a thousand lifetimes before.

And the dawn of a new day will rise, a light for us all. -Dragonforce

Blog Entries
    I don't have ToB, but have you checked out the Modrons (monodrone, duodrone, etc) from the MM? those should work in a SP setting with little if any change.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Blog Entries
    I have Tome of Beasts. There are 8 clockwork "monsters" and a gearforged templar. What specifically are you looking for? The monsters are all OGL, and I think if you go to Kobold Press' website you can find a lot more specific information.
    Ultimate License. Running Hyperborea and CoC. Asks lots of questions. Mgpotter.com. PureVPN is a tested solution to run games when traveling. https://billing.purevpn.com/aff.php?aff=33044

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Myrdin Potter View Post
    I have Tome of Beasts. There are 8 clockwork "monsters" and a gearforged templar. What specifically are you looking for? The monsters are all OGL, and I think if you go to Kobold Press' website you can find a lot more specific information.

Clockwork monsters are great. I was also looking for any beasts that would be found in the wild west. Giant Jackalope, that kind of thing. I would really like to see more steampunk material in FG.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Niles View Post
    Clockwork monsters are great. I was also looking for any beasts that would be found in the wild west. Giant Jackalope, that kind of thing. I would really like to see more steampunk material in FG.
    Are there any third party publishers for steampunk that publish 5E compatible material? You should reach out to them and try to get them interested in publishing FG versions.

Other than people converting their own (which unless its under some sort of OGL, they can't distribute), that's probably the only way to get more of any specific setting into FG.

Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by LordEntrails View Post
    Are there any third party publishers for steampunk that publish 5E compatible material? You should reach out to them and try to get them interested in publishing FG versions.

Other than people converting their own (which unless its under some sort of OGL, they can't distribute), that's probably the only way to get more of any specific setting into FG.
    I have! I've contacted someone at Tribality who makes wonderful conversions of steampunk to 5e. The forge has allowed me to make some cool steampunk type weapons. The only thing lacking is steampunk monsters. It would be cool to see an entire package of Tribality's products bundled so you can just drop it in the ruleset. This would make 5e more along the lines of Savage Worlds, where it's compatible with many genres, not just sword and sorcery.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Niles View Post
    I have! I've contacted someone at Tribality who makes wonderful conversions of steampunk to 5e. The forge has allowed me to make some cool steampunk type weapons. The only thing lacking is steampunk monsters. It would be cool to see an entire package of Tribality's products bundled so you can just drop it in the ruleset. This would make 5e more along the lines of Savage Worlds, where it's compatible with many genres, not just sword and sorcery.
    Was Tribality willing to allow publication and distribution of their stuff converted to FG? If so, depending on how they will license it, you can then reach out to Smiteworks ([email protected]) and then see if you can be the community dev for the effort and if it goes in the FG store then you can get compensated for it (those terms would be between you, SW, and Tribality).

There is a thread with a bit more info; https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...tures-rulesets

Blog Entries
    On top of the clockwork monsters, steam golem, library automaton, fellforged, Xanka, all have a mechanical looks.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by LordEntrails View Post
    Was Tribality willing to allow publication and distribution of their stuff converted to FG? If so, depending on how they will license it, you can then reach out to Smiteworks ([email protected]) and then see if you can be the community dev for the effort and if it goes in the FG store then you can get compensated for it (those terms would be between you, SW, and Tribality).

There is a thread with a bit more info; https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...tures-rulesets
    I put the owner of Tribality in touch with Doug, so hopefully something will come of it!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by SirGraystone View Post
    On top of the clockwork monsters, steam golem, library automaton, fellforged, Xanka, all have a mechanical looks.
    All of those creatures are in the Tome of Beasts?

Thread Information