FG Spreadshirt Swag

Help for a pathfinder GM new to Fantasy grounds

Hello,
    I'm new to VTT's and After spending about a week looking at roll 20 and Fantasy grounds I ended up getting Fantasy grounds Unity. I ended up getting the pathfinder rule set because I have most of the books at home so its the most familiar to me. I also ended up getting the rise of the runelords because every time I've gone through a campaign we only ever get past the first part if that, as well as the ultimate combat because I figured it cost me an extra 10 bucks. I've see some issues playing around with it mostly around combat. Grant it most of this is user error but when I'm using the combat tracker I notice that none of my PC's attacks come across so I have to attack from their character sheets. Also How do you transfer characters from Hero labs. I've had hero labs for almost 10 years so I've acquired alot of addons but even if I disable every thing I still get the Missing root node and the only video I found on the topic was a video from about 8 years ago.

Any help would be appreciated, Thank you

Blog Entries
    Welcome!

I've moved this the 3.5/PF forum because you will get more relevant feedback there

The first thing to look at with your attack automation issue is that make sure you add the PCs to the CT by dragging their portraits (top left) to the CT. And that all NPCs are added to the CT. THEN add PCs and NPCs to the map from the CT.

Next, look into using the targeting capabilities, that way FG know what you are attacking. Targeting is handled slightly differently if you are a player or NPC so I suggest you check out the wiki for details. Also you didn't specify FGC or FGU so I'm not sure which wiki to link you to.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

The GM runs things from the combat tracker and players use the character sheet for combat. Players do almost everything from the character sheet. targeting can be done through the combat tracker or on the map.

Madman..

Link to HL Tool
    Last edited by madman; May 3rd, 2020 at 18:05.
    "Over thinking, over analyzing separates the body from the mind."...MJK... Tool frontman

Sorry I thought I mentioned earlier that I bought Unity (that way I wouldn't need to play anything else for the program later on and just spend any more money on addons)

Thread Information