Starfinder Playlist
Page 2 of 3 First 123 Last
    Quote Originally Posted by Thete View Post
    I have not created anything files at this stage, I guess I'f be looking at a reference like this https://www.windsofchaos.com/wp-cont...-shorthand.pdf
    Ok, this looks simple enough. let me take a crack at it tomorrow.
    For support with any of my extensions, visit my #mattekure-stuff channel on Rob2e's discord https://discord.gg/rob2e

Wow, that's very generous. I will play around with the Core calendar so I start to understand what's involved.

Wow, that's very generous. I will play around with the Core calendar so I start to understand what's involved.
    Try these out. when you make the campaign, make sure to select the extension.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    For support with any of my extensions, visit my #mattekure-stuff channel on Rob2e's discord https://discord.gg/rob2e

Quote Originally Posted by mattekure View Post
    yes you can, you just have to have any code portion of the calendar be in an extension. The calendar module itself doesnt have to change. So the portsions that would have to be in an extension is the code for any leap years, and code needed to make the days of the week flow correctly. This is the code pointed to by the <lunardaycalc> and <periodvarcalc> tags.
    Unfortunately, for rulesets not layered on top of CoreRPG, it's not as simple as this. All of the base calendar code would need to be created in an extension compatible with the ruleset being used. As the CoreRPG calendar functionality is pretty self contained (a sidebar button opens the calendar window and it doesn't interact much with other aspects of FG - other than posting to the chat window) it should be fairly straightforward to take the calendar code in CoreRGP and make an extension compatible with the ruleset being used.

@Thete - which ruleset are you using?
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Doh, I am too used to having all that base code built into CoreRPG. I forgot that if you are not based on it, it could be anything in the ruleset. The one I posted earlier will work for any CoreRPG based ruleset, but obviously it will not likely work for something totally custom.

Quote Originally Posted by mattekure View Post
    Try these out. when you make the campaign, make sure to select the extension.
    This is very kind of you! I will probably run a core campaign purely as a calendar if I can't get it working with the older ruleset (having an excuse to explore all the additional features in Core is actually v. appealing) Also others who use Core for WFRP setting will appreciate this!

Quote Originally Posted by Trenloe View Post
    Unfortunately, for rulesets not layered on top of CoreRPG, it's not as simple as this. All of the base calendar code would need to be created in an extension compatible with the ruleset being used. As the CoreRPG calendar functionality is pretty self contained (a sidebar button opens the calendar window and it doesn't interact much with other aspects of FG - other than posting to the chat window) it should be fairly straightforward to take the calendar code in CoreRGP and make an extension compatible with the ruleset being used.

@Thete - which ruleset are you using?
    That sounds promising! I'm using the neilgfoster's wfrpv3 ruleset.

I'm using the neilgfoster's wfrpv3 ruleset.
    That doesn’t have the calendar code. Someone would have to write an extension to bring the calendar code and graphics from CoreRPG into the WFRP3 ruleset.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Quote Originally Posted by Trenloe View Post
    That doesn’t have the calendar code. Someone would have to write an extension to bring the calendar code and graphics from CoreRPG into the WFRP3 ruleset.
    I'll put it on my personal todo list (I'm very slow thanks for pointing me in the right direction.

Is it possible to construct a calendar with leap months (such as with the Islamic or Hebrew calendars)? My world has a lunar calendar which has a leap month inserted every other year. Can that be represented in Fantasy Grounds?

Thread Information