FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 29 of 49 First ... 19272829303139 ... Last
    Quote Originally Posted by Magnimost View Post
    We've been playing WOIN NEW with the ruleset, works well - thank you MBM!

Has anyone tried running Judge Dredd with this ruleset? It uses WOIN, and the character sheet is essentially identical. I haven't done a thorough comparison of what changes, if any would be needed to run JD.

Related, is it possible to change the visuals of the character sheet to customize to Judge Dredd character sheet, or is that locked?
    WOIN is the ruleset, but NEW is an Extension, I did it this way so that NOW and OLD could use the same ruleset and only need a new theme/reference books.

This means you can create an extension for a new theme, and override the NEW theme OR just create a new Theme and override the WOIN default theme.

Let me see what I can do in that area, without infringing on any license.
    Ruleset and much more content built for FGU.
    Come join me on Twitter at: https://twitter.com/MadBeardMan to see what I'm up to!

Quote Originally Posted by MadBeardMan View Post
    Folks,

Been working on WOIN, as I want to run Judge Dredd next year, so been addressing the lack of equipment you can create yourself (mostly done), have made sure all recent errata is done (and it is), plus has my ace theme guy (Dan Titan) update the theme to make it more efficient.

I'll be sending this to internal test in the week.

On a side note, I've been working on NOW, that should be ready for very early New Year.

Sadly I doubt Smiteworks will get the license for Judge Dredd, but I'll make sure the ruleset should work.

Cheers
    MBM
    Thanks so much for your efforts, MBM! We just finished the first scenario for WOIN NEW which was fun, and my friend (GM) bought the other scenarios available.

It's too bad about the Dredd license, but as long as the ruleset works with it with minimal edits (which it sounds like it will) I'll manage!

WOIN is the ruleset, but NEW is an Extension, I did it this way so that NOW and OLD could use the same ruleset and only need a new theme/reference books.

This means you can create an extension for a new theme, and override the NEW theme OR just create a new Theme and override the WOIN default theme.

Let me see what I can do in that area, without infringing on any license.
    I'd imagine a JD character sheet without any copyrighted assets (logos, etc.) should be doable?
    Last edited by Magnimost; November 23rd, 2019 at 16:56.

Earth, approximately 250 million light years away from the constellation of Kasterborus
    Been working on WOIN, as I want to run Judge Dredd next year, so been addressing the lack of equipment you can create yourself (mostly done), have made sure all recent errata is done (and it is), plus has my ace theme guy (Dan Titan) update the theme to make it more efficient.

I'll be sending this to internal test in the week.

On a side note, I've been working on NOW, that should be ready for very early New Year.

Sadly I doubt Smiteworks will get the license for Judge Dredd, but I'll make sure the ruleset should work.
    Thank you for the update! I just purchased WOIN for the Black Friday Sale.

How I feel about the current state of NEW ruleset

Ok, With the beta of FG Unity, I decided to move my previous work on my campaign from Classic to Unity. Two things which I thought surely have been corrected are still not functioning. The problems were present when I purchased NEW and although I mentioned them several times with my alt [Viper007] it seems nothing has been done to correct this. So let me explain as best I can with photos.

This first photo is the Exploits list, I can create a box with the button as almost all FG rulesets do. The second photo shows that I can fill in everything except the Name, and as you will see in the Skills list photo, it shows up in the main listing, but has no Title (as I cannot enter one!)

Exploit List.PNG
    Exploit Info Box.PNG

The third photo shows the skill list with the created skill box, but no name! The skill box will not let me enter information into the title or the subject area. The fourth photo shows that it is possible! There is a workaround, but to be honest I shouldn't have to use a workaround, I have been more than patient to see this problem fixed!!

Skill List.PNG
    Skill Problem.PNG

Now, I know that problems occur, situations occur, family occurs, a lot of things occur that can prevent problems from being repaired, fixed, or in some way taken care of, but this is ridiculous!!
    Since I have seen how people who are upset, mad, perturbed or whatever get from the community, whenever something like this comes up, so let me first explain how I feel!

I bought this ruleset as I was very much interested in creating a new and unseen universe in the WOIN world, with worlds, stars, people, races, etc. What I have seen from the comments in this forum is one of low interest in the ruleset and it's expansion, I really expected much more! No ability to add ships, vehicle list with basically a blank area for information and nothing more. But I expected this to come later, but since Judge Dredd came out that's all I seem to see in the forums!! Is this ruleset about Judge Dredd or NEW?

I guess all I really need to know is, are these problems going to be fixed, is the gameplan to expand or not? Is the situation untenable? Should I just keep my mouth shut and take the loss!

My apology's to anyone who is hurt by these words, but I really expected more from Smiteworks!

I have similar problems with WOIN. I had asked the author many times to fix it without any result.

i was thinking of running a Judge Dred game however a few missing features in the rule set still need to be corrected

1. no way to add new careers
    2 You can add exploits but you can't name them!

Quote Originally Posted by hawkwind View Post
    i was thinking of running a Judge Dred game however a few missing features in the rule set still need to be corrected

1. no way to add new careers
    2 You can add exploits but you can't name them!
    You can add new exploit and name it but you have to do it on character card. For my campaign I have dummy player card with all additional skills and exploits. This is not 100% satisfactory resolve however.

WOIN has a feature referred to as, "Hold," which allows you to hold back dice from an attack in order to do extra damage. I've searched through the thread to see if there are any references to this, but have not found any. Do you have a way to implement this?

Also, it seems that if you try to maximize an image/map, there are issues. If you use the NEW extension, you can expand the window, then either restore it to normal size, or expand it to fill the FG desktop. If you try expanding to fill the desktop, the image does not properly layer on top of the rest of the UI, so you will no longer be able to interact with the image/map icons, and will be stuck with a maximized map.

If you do not use the NEW extension, you can expand the window, at which point none of the map icons work any longer. (kinda weird)

I am going to be working on adding all of the OLD stuff from 1.2 to FG with just the WOIN module loaded. If I export all of that, can you use it for the OLD module MBM?

Hi Folks,

Just to let you now, now that VtM has been released and Dan is busily supporting it (with the occasional bit of help), and Traveller has had a major update I'll be returning to WOIN.

There doesn't appear to be a v1.2 for OLD atm, so going to chase that up.

So I'll go through all these and action them in the near future, depending upon how much more insanity I can stand being locked down at home.

I hope the rest of you through this pandemic are fairing well.

Cheers,
    MBM
    Ruleset and much more content built for FGU.
    Come join me on Twitter at: https://twitter.com/MadBeardMan to see what I'm up to!

Hi Folks,

Just to let you now, now that VtM has been released and Dan is busily supporting it (with the occasional bit of help), and Traveller has had a major update I'll be returning to WOIN.

There doesn't appear to be a v1.2 for OLD atm, so going to chase that up.

So I'll go through all these and action them in the near future, depending upon how much more insanity I can stand being locked down at home.

I hope the rest of you through this pandemic are fairing well.

Cheers,
    MBM
    MBM, I've added in all of the NPC's, swords, basic armor, races, and a few tables from O.L.D. 1.2. Would you like me to export and send you a module to save you some time? I'm quite anxious to get a full O.L.D. 1.2 Module for my campaign. I would have added Exploits, but it seems that the only way to add names for the exploits is through XML... I've considered writing a tool for this, but I haven't had that kind of time. I'm a bit surprised that someone hasn't written a full blow GUI editor for Fantasy Grounds yet. Working with XML is so tedious.

I've been dealing with, "Hold," by having my PC's create extra actions for Hold1 and Hold2. I would very much like to see modifiers for this.

Thread Information