DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 22 of 49 First ... 12202122232432 ... Last
    Quote Originally Posted by GrimmStories View Post
    Would it be possible to get some patches for the current stuff to fix some the issues or will the OLD patch all of the WOINs current issues?
    Yes, there's an update coming soon for WOIN (I'm continuing on it next weekend) to address the issues raised, I've commented out the code for OLD from it recently.

Cheers,
    MBM
    Ruleset and much more content built for FGU.
    Come join me on Twitter at: https://twitter.com/MadBeardMan to see what I'm up to!

What is the current status of this? Why is this in the Vault? EN Publishing not only allows but supports 3rd party creation using their WOIN properties to spread the property.
    Quote Originally Posted by WOIN
    Third-party publishers are free to create and sell content for What's O.L.D. is N.E.W. You can create sourcebooks, adventures, resources, expansions, and so on, and indicate compatibility. You can also make or sell electronic applications. The license is free, and you do not need to ask permission or submit an application to use it - just make sure you understand how it works and publish away!WOIN
    There are quite a few things in this full price rule set that are missing or not working. It does not appear any work has been done since before July 2018. Included in the missing items are: exploits do not transfer when dragging careers to add a grade, D66 table is not integrated, adding grades in a career does not adjust stat block, obviously creating a class does not allow for stats or exploits either. This doesn't even address issues of trying to use the rule set without the NEW extension. Which has missing text in the character sheet as a place to start.

Those are just a few that I have found trying to adapt this for my own uses, without the ability to fix things as I find them as the source code is locked away. Again I ask, what is the status? There have been talks in these 22 pages of working on OLD, and Traveler. What of finishing the base set of rules? Understand I am only critical because this is the third time I have purchased WOIN, and I cannot abide paying full price for something broken that I cannot fix myself.

Look above your post.
    Look at the dates. That was nearly a month ago. If you look at the post history there has been a spotty record at best over the last year as far as communication is concerned. I have money invested in this, I want to know where it sits since it isn't a finished product, so I can refund and try to build on my own as needed or know that it hasn't actually been abandoned so I can stay invested.

I have money invested in it too, but he has responded within the last month stating he has OLD mostly complete(but can't release) and will comment it out OLD to update the current system. Which could cause more issues and might have to recode it a bit.

I have money invested in it too, but he has responded within the last month stating he has OLD mostly complete(but can't release) and will comment it out OLD to update the current system. Which could cause more issues and might have to recode it a bit.
    I am glad you have confidence in the sporadic posting and updates over the last year and change. The last update is clocked at or around July.

Hello,

I've spent the last week re-writing the CT, as it got broken by changes to CoreRPG. It's still in progress.

Still zero news from EN Publishing about OLD or NOW, plus no other adventures to convert or anything else.

I enjoy coding for FG, though I have to prioritise what I work on as my time machine hasn't yet been invented.

I've also learn an awful lot working on Traveller and some of that is being put into WOiN.

WOiN is the only thing I'm working on at the moment until the update is ready to go, which I hope to be in the following week.

Thanks,
    MBM
    Come join me on Twitter at: https://twitter.com/MadBeardMan to see what I'm up to!

Hi there MBM!!!

While OLD isn't quire ready to go, Judge Dredd and 2000AD uses the same system. I'm sure there are legal/licencing issues on setting/source material but have you checked to see if the core system got any refinements, updates, or enhancements?

Quote Originally Posted by Stx11 View Post
    Hi there MBM!!!

While OLD isn't quire ready to go, Judge Dredd and 2000AD uses the same system. I'm sure there are legal/licencing issues on setting/source material but have you checked to see if the core system got any refinements, updates, or enhancements?
    Greetings,

I'm awaiting my JD books, they get sent next week I think, I have the PDF's somewhere..... I doubt Rebillion would allow a digital licence for JD/2000AD as I know they just bought a local computer games company. Now regarding the refinements/updates, that's very possible. I don't have time to look through JD though, not yet, just applied for a spanking new day job, so upskilling around coding the CT for WOiN.

Cheers,
    MBM

Excellent!

I pinged Russ on the WOiN FB group that you were seeking info on the status of OLD and any core system updates. Hopefully he'll be able to get back to you soon!

Thread Information