STAR TREK 2d20
Page 16 of 49 First ... 6141516171826 ... Last
    MadBeardMan, do you plan any special forms for ships? On official websites are ships and I wonder that you plan put it to ruleset.

Quote Originally Posted by Girwan View Post
    MadBeardMan, do you plan any special forms for ships? On official websites are ships and I wonder that you plan put it to ruleset.
    Morning,

Yes - no real decisions as to when at the moment, but it's on the list once I finish off my current list.

Cheers
    Ruleset and much more content built for FGU.
    Come join me on Twitter at: https://twitter.com/MadBeardMan to see what I'm up to!

Purchased the N.E.W. rule set and found some problems, most are minor and since this is new (according to what I have read), I expect they will be taken care of in time.

Two problems, however, are really holding me back and that is making new exploits to go with new species and npc's. I can create everything except the title of a new exploit.
    It shows up in the list, but the title is blank. For skills, I cannot enter anything!

Another thing is text formatting when adding a new species. I cannot use bold/italic/underline, etc. Is this by design or am I missing something?

Overall, you have done a wonderful job with the rule set, many thanks for producing it!!

I hope they put a section up for just WOIN as it took me some time to actually find out where to post (I had to ask).

I am in process of making a setting and creating some adventures to sell on DTRPG, so would like to see about some discussion.

Thanks again,

Quote Originally Posted by Viper007 View Post
    Purchased the N.E.W. rule set and found some problems, most are minor and since this is new (according to what I have read), I expect they will be taken care of in time.

Two problems, however, are really holding me back and that is making new exploits to go with new species and npc's. I can create everything except the title of a new exploit.
    It shows up in the list, but the title is blank. For skills, I cannot enter anything!
    WOiN (N.E.W) is very very complex and open, very hard to to get it all in FG, so it will take a lot of time - but I'm working on it when I can (today for example).

The Exploit Title is on the Character Sheet Exploit tab, type it into there and when you click the Link button it will show it. Let me know if it's not working (can you add a screen shot please).
    There's not a lot to enter for skills, there's no descriptions or nothing in the main rule book, I added which category (just for linking data), so I'm open for ideas.

Another thing is text formatting when adding a new species. I cannot use bold/italic/underline, etc. Is this by design or am I missing something?
    When you add a new 'race/species' you get a big frame that's empty. You can type what you want into the body of that frame, if you select a bit of your text you can make it Bold, using CTRL + B (and so on). Plus if you right-click you can add Titles etc. It should all work. Let me know if it's not (can you add a screen shot please).

Overall, you have done a wonderful job with the rule set, many thanks for producing it!!
    Thank you

I hope they put a section up for just WOIN as it took me some time to actually find out where to post (I had to ask).

I am in process of making a setting and creating some adventures to sell on DTRPG, so would like to see about some discussion.

Thanks again,
    I've asked them a few times for a new section for WOiN, so if you're asking maybe they will, it will come, maybe when there are a lot more adventures etc. If you do create some adventures on DTRPG add them to FG if you can, and sell them here as well

v1.0.6. should be with FG later today btw.

Cheers
    MBM
    Come join me on Twitter at: https://twitter.com/MadBeardMan to see what I'm up to!

Afternoon All,

I'm calling it a day on 1.0.6, didn't do as much as I hoped due to time constraints, but a good update I think.

• Complete - Replace weapons/psionic attacks with a much better system (so you can add your own)
    • Complete - Critical Hits. If an attack does multiple damage types (e.g. piercing/poison) then both statuses are inflicted on a critical hit (this will be an OPTION called 'Critical Hits "Simpler" or "Standard" - Simpler will inflict only the 1st damage type critical (as per current versions)
    • New - New option 'Critical Hits System'. It defaults to STANDARD (applies all damage types as Critical hits) but 'SIMPLE' will only apply the first one. Damage types should be separated by a comma, ie 'Heat,Blunt' but can has a space, 'Heat, Blunt' (case shouldn't matter)
    • New - From OTG_Wraith (cheers!) I've applied his Death Roll function, you can now roll (double-click/drag) and any 6's reduce the count....
    • New - Added a new option to automatically roll the Death Dice if a character is 0 or fewer wounds using OTG_Wraith's countdown script. Look for 'Death Dice Pool: Auto Roll', it defaults to NO.
    • Fixed - Fixed issue with Critical Hits if a weapon had more than 1 damage type
    • Fixed - NPC's Critical Hits never rolled for a Critical Effect/Condition
    • Updated - Character Sheet labels are tidied up in places, same with NPC for Weapon attacks on CT/NPC sheet
    • Updated - Exploits, added a few more I'd missed
    • Plus minor fixes, tidied data etc.

As you can see this is all based around combat. I'm hoping with these changes that Combat is a lot more solid, all it needs is a system for SOAK, however, the rules in the rulebook don't go into any detail regarding breaking it down in Natural, Physical etc. However 1.0.7. will have more details.

1.0.7. will also focus on data, Skills will get description field (though none exists in the main rulebook), plus I'll look into other areas - please mention here what data you'd like to edit.

Going forward each update focusing mainly on one area (and fixing any bugs). Now that Starfinder is out, I should look at Starships/Vehicles soon.

Also 1.0.6. contains an updated N.E.W. Theme. I've optimised some of the images and changed the fonts to FGF format making the theme load so much quicker, down from 25 seconds on my dev desktop to less than 3.

Cheers
    MBM
    Last edited by MadBeardMan; March 6th, 2018 at 18:19.

MadBeardMan, you've done some serious work!

Can't wait to try out 1.0.6 and eager to see 1.0.7. (I check for updates every day like a kid looking for Santa.)

Ever your fan!

...DM

Quote Originally Posted by Kosh Kaltu View Post
    MadBeardMan, you've done some serious work!

Can't wait to try out 1.0.6 and eager to see 1.0.7. (I check for updates every day like a kid looking for Santa.)

Ever your fan!

...DM
    Thanks for the kind words, so going forward I'd be interested in knowing what the players want next. I am looking at Vehicles/Starships next week for example....

Cheers
    MBM

Quote Originally Posted by MadBeardMan View Post
    Thanks for the kind words, so going forward I'd be interested in knowing what the players want next. I am looking at Vehicles/Starships next week for example....

Cheers
    MBM
    Vehicles and Starships - WOW! That's a tough one to wrap one's brain around. I would be curious to see how you handle the overlap. For instance, if a starship (fighter) encounters an atmospheric craft, the velocity and scale of movement are a mess as they're written in the WOIN system, and both vehicles are similar in size, but the weapons are waaay different. I'm curious to see how you marry those beasts together. The starfighter would have to slow its speed to a crawl just to shoot at anything on the vehicle scale. Any thoughts on that?

...DM

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Kosh Kaltu View Post
    Vehicles and Starships - WOW! That's a tough one to wrap one's brain around. I would be curious to see how you handle the overlap. For instance, if a starship (fighter) encounters an atmospheric craft, the velocity and scale of movement are a mess as they're written in the WOIN system, and both vehicles are similar in size, but the weapons are waaay different. I'm curious to see how you marry those beasts together. The starfighter would have to slow its speed to a crawl just to shoot at anything on the vehicle scale. Any thoughts on that?
    hehehe... inspiring words there Kosh Kaltu!
    Good luck MadBeardMan!

The Exploit Title is on the Character Sheet Exploit tab, type it into there and when you click the Link button it will show it. Let me know if it's not working (can you add a screen shot please).
    There's not a lot to enter for skills, there's no descriptions or nothing in the main rule book, I added which category (just for linking data), so I'm open for ideas.
    This works as you explain it, and I found that I can place it in the Exploit List by dragging and dropping, then dragging and dropping to a created group (optional of course). While this works for my purposes, it requires making a character first. Many people may find this difficult when you cannot add an Exploit to the Exploit list, using the buttons at the bottom of the list box (hence the problem I first encountered, does not allow a title to be created).

As far as skills, the situation is the same, make a skill in character sheet, drag & drop, as above. Again while this works for my purposes, it also requires making a character first.

For ideas, I would allow entry for new skills thru the skill list, second, add a section for controlling attribute(s) (sadly lacking in the main rule book) and third, a category (as you already have). The attribute section should allow room for multiple lines of text for possible modifications.

When you add a new 'race/species' you get a big frame that's empty. You can type what you want into the body of that frame, if you select a bit of your text you can make it Bold, using CTRL + B (and so on). Plus if you right-click you can add Titles etc. It should all work. Let me know if it's not (can you add a screen shot please).
    Ahh!! Forgot about the html commands, was looking for the radial option as in the story section, enuf said!!

Also, looking forward to the vehicle/starship section as per Kosh Kaltu post #158.

Your quick reply and information has really helped me to continue on my quest to provide a new setting and new adventures for sci-fi fans out there. So keep up the great work!!

As in the first movie "The Day the Earth Stood Still"; we will be watching!
    Last edited by Viper007; March 10th, 2018 at 04:52.

Thread Information