DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 34 of 49 First ... 24323334353644 ... Last
    FGU issues:

Skill, Exploit and Career groups don't show up for players in the drop-down, it only shows All and None.

Dice tower doesn't show up for GM, but does for players when set to on.

Quote Originally Posted by Magnimost View Post
    FGU issues:

Skill, Exploit and Career groups don't show up for players in the drop-down, it only shows All and None.

Dice tower doesn't show up for GM, but does for players when set to on.
    Hi,

Screenshot please of the missing bits as I don't have FGU.

Dice Tower won't show up unless you have Show GM dice rolls set to on.

Cheers,
    MBM
    Ruleset and much more content built for FGU.
    Come join me on Twitter at: https://twitter.com/MadBeardMan to see what I'm up to!

Quote Originally Posted by MadBeardMan View Post
    Hi,

Screenshot please of the missing bits as I don't have FGU.

Dice Tower won't show up unless you have Show GM dice rolls set to on.

Cheers,
    MBM
    Below screenshot. Could it have something to do with the locked or share settings of groups themselves? They can see the individual skills, careers and exploits, but not the groups in the top menu.

Ah, yes, dice tower fixed with your tip, thanks!

400027300973_116227.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Magnimost View Post
    Below screenshot. Could it have something to do with the locked or share settings of groups themselves? They can see the individual skills, careers and exploits, but not the groups in the top menu.

Ah, yes, dice tower fixed with your tip, thanks!

400027300973_116227.jpg
    Nice on the dice tower.

Does it do the same in FGC, I can check tomorrow.

Cheers,
    MBM
    Ruleset and much more content built for FGU.
    Come join me on Twitter at: https://twitter.com/MadBeardMan to see what I'm up to!

I just released the beta of Judge Dredd mod, which uses WOIN N.E.W. ruleset!
    Last edited by Magnimost; May 23rd, 2020 at 11:44.

Issues we ran into in FGU:
    - Modifier is white on white for players, very difficult to read. Black on white for GM.
    - NPC type of damage is undocumented AFAICT: you need to type "Ranged, Ballistic", which is inconsistent with how weapons and PCs report the types of damage (separating these two types of damage into two different fields)
    - When using Modifiers you can't see what they do beforehand. For example, cover doesn't show it does +2d6
    - Modifiers don't work at all for NPCs when GM rolls, nor does the Modifier selector in bottom left. None of them have any effect.
    - Skill filtering inconsistency: Category filter in Skill window actually filters using skillgroup string, not category field
    - Nice to have: ability to filter Exploits by Category (currently only able to filter by Group, but that doesn't work fully for players as reported previously)
    - Very nice to have: ability to not set a Difficulty rating to a roll. Sometimes as a GM I just want to know how high characters roll, rather than giving a fail/succeed binary choice.
    - It is very difficult to tell which Difficulty rating is selected. Changing the color would be better than just changing the emboss to deboss.
    Last edited by Magnimost; May 24th, 2020 at 02:59.

I can't get custom weapons' Special type to show up. The weapons list the special correctly and the same way the ruleset weapons do as far as I can tell, but they don't show up in-game in weapon description window.

Any ideas?

<id-000066>
    <attackdef type="string">Ranged</attackdef>
    <availability type="string">J</availability>
    <cost type="string">2,500</cost>
    <damage type="string">2d6+4</damage>
    <damagetype type="string">Heat</damagetype>
    <description type="formattedtext">
    <p>Mounted on the front of the Lawmaster bike, the Cyclops Laser is the most effective weapon a Street Judge would normally have for use against vehicles and other large targets.</p>
    </description>
    <genre type="string">Judge Dredd</genre>
    <isidentified type="number">1</isidentified>
    <locked type="number">1</locked>
    <name type="string">Cyclops Laser (gunnery)</name>
    <range type="number">30</range>
    <size type="string">L</size>
    <special type="string">Anti-Vehicle 3, Beam</special>
    <subtype type="string">Generic Ranged Weapon List</subtype>
    <type type="string">Weapons</type>
    <weight type="number">50</weight>
    </id-000066>

Hey everyone. I am glad to see a mod for WOIN and Fantasy Grounds so thank you to all of you that worked on this. I have a few questions and searching the thread is not helping.

Does this support OLD? I am starting a fantasy campaign and would love to use Fantasy Grounds over a hacked up Discord version.

Where are the mod files for this setting? I have other Fantasy Grounds systems that I can go into and add items, such as doing the manual entry to add OLD races, skills, exploits, equipment, etc.. But I can't find the mod or ext files for NEW.

I also just started a quick test to make a character. The careers did not add to the attributes, although it seemed like in the notes this should work. Adding a weapon to the character did not assign the to-hit roll on the Actions tab. Armor did not add to the Soak.

Just a few items above that I am not sure are because I used it wrong or if they are not currently working in the system. Thanks for the help.

It is possible, but you'll have to do some heavy lifting yourself. I ran a OLD campaign about a year or so ago with this ruleset and it was mainly OK, but since there is no library of items/careers/spells/exploits for OLD, everybody had to write their own descriptions to each item. Another thing to consider is that since it currently supports NEW mainly, it uses PSI instead of Magic, but that's just a name as far ar the sheet cares.

Quote Originally Posted by Samzagas View Post
    It is possible, but you'll have to do some heavy lifting yourself. I ran a OLD campaign about a year or so ago with this ruleset and it was mainly OK, but since there is no library of items/careers/spells/exploits for OLD, everybody had to write their own descriptions to each item. Another thing to consider is that since it currently supports NEW mainly, it uses PSI instead of Magic, but that's just a name as far ar the sheet cares.
    That's what I did for my Judge Dredd mod. You could add the skills, exploits and gear manually either in-game, or in xml and make them into a mod.
    Last edited by Magnimost; May 30th, 2020 at 18:16.

Thread Information