FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 25 of 49 First ... 15232425262735 ... Last

It's not a lack of feedback. No work is getting done on it. :-( I've decided that I am probably going to pursue some means of getting my money back.

Quote Originally Posted by Kosh Kaltu View Post
    It's not a lack of feedback. No work is getting done on it. :-( I've decided that I am probably going to pursue some means of getting my money back.
    If it's within your 30 days FG is fantastic, look on the store page or email them to get the ball rolling. It's what I did for this incomplete product. March 3 was the last post of the developer in this thread, he has since posted in his other product (Traveler) but continues to avoid this thread and its questions. Real life issues have been previously offered as an excuse (if you dig though the post history here you can see over a year ago the sporadic nature begins); however, this is a paid product that unfortunately happens to be locked "in the vault" keeping others from addressing the issues. One of the moderators here explains it as a catch-22, the developer doesn't make money so they don't want to work on the product which at the same times keeps people from purchasing a product that is incomplete. He of course says it in a much nicer way.

My playgroup almost had me run in Roll20 when I tried to show them this, I'm glad we play D&D and Savage Worlds or they would have dumped FG, and I don't blame them. They could not add attacks on their PC sheets, they could not see NPCs in the combat tracker, and they had an extremely hard time locating everything to even import their characters. I apologize if it seems I'm just complaining, but this niche of a niche of a niche costs money and I want to support good complete work. Russ Morrissey has created a fantastic system, I want to show that system off and this is not the way to do that.

Blog Entries
    You can contact us at [email protected]. We offer a "no questions asked" policy for refunds within 30 days. Beyond 30 days, we still have some discretion to grant refunds. While we would love for every system to have the same level of features and automation that we have in 5E or in Savage Worlds, that isn't always going to be possible. My general belief has been that a limited system that includes the basics of the game built on top of CoreRPG and the full rules available for reference is better than simply running a CoreRPG or MoreCore ruleset.

Quote Originally Posted by ddavison View Post
    You can contact us at [email protected]. We offer a "no questions asked" policy for refunds within 30 days. Beyond 30 days, we still have some discretion to grant refunds. While we would love for every system to have the same level of features and automation that we have in 5E or in Savage Worlds, that isn't always going to be possible. My general belief has been that a limited system that includes the basics of the game built on top of CoreRPG and the full rules available for reference is better than simply running a CoreRPG or MoreCore ruleset.
    Unfortunately for this rule set the PC sheet is far from complete. It doesn't allow even the GM to add items to sections. Otherwise, the die seem to function correctly (minus a proper D66 or D666 without external mods) and the book content seems to be there. There are UI issues, namely the inability for players to get to information to build their characters (I've had to add it for them as GM). So sure if I wanted a dice roller this would be perfect.

Blog Entries
    If anyone on this list does have programming ability and is interested in spending some time on this rulesets development I do believe that SmiteWorks and the Developer would be open to discussing transferring the product to a new Dev. You would best start with an email to support@ and start with an expression of interest. This is from bits and pieces picked up along the way so I apologies to all if Im misleading anyone here.

FG Took good care of me, and for that, they've solidly earned my loyalty.

Quote Originally Posted by ddavison View Post
    Unfortunately, I've opted to back out of my investment into the WOIN system on FG, but the folks here at FG settled the matter with me in a forthright and decent way. I'm forever grateful and totally support the FG system!

I intend to keep watching the WOIN situation here and if it goes forward with development into a functional product, I will be one of the first in line to reinvest in the product. I LOVE WOIN! The system is innovative and brilliant. I really hope some capable person or team of people can pick it up and run with it. If I had the skill and ability, I would do it myself. Sadly, I don't.

Russ Morrissey from WOIN is very active on Facebook and maintains constant contact, typically getting back to me with responses to my questions and concerns within minutes of posting or messaging him. I can't say I've ever seen this kind of care and concern for a product from any other game system I've ever been involved with. (Not that it doesn't happen at all, but in over forty years of gaming, this is a first for me and it's damned refreshing!)

So for anyone who is wondering whether there is a strong interest in the WOIN system and seeing it go forward - I am just one voice, but here I am. I have been spreading my enthusiasm for WOIN and Fantasy Grounds to my fellow friends and gamers here in my little corner of the Cleveland, Ohio area and will continue to do so!

I'm a FG Unity backer and look forward to seeing what exciting innovations the new system will bring.

I sincerely hope to see WOIN fully join the FG community in the future!

Another month, still wondering if there has been any work done on this project to make it worth buying again. It's on sale, but not a good enough sale for what was wrong. Still looking for character sheet improvements, etc.

It's been since 3 March when MadBeardMan last posted anything about WOIN. There have been multiple questions asked by myself and others asking for information and updates. Even for simple replies like "the system hasn't been half finished and fully abandoned". No such replies have come, MBM has replied since 3 March in response to his other PAID system Traveller.

Once again at over 4 and a half months since last communication I'm asking the status of the ruleset. I want to know if problems that previously existed have been fixed. I would like an update from the man who has this system (one that has a fully open gaming license given by the creator) under lock and key. Is there anyone qualified to take up the banner and fix the problems? How could we as a community make it so? This is a fantastic system that is plagued by a Fantasy Grounds interface that has pushed my playgroup back to a competitor because it is unusable. I am not the first, nor will I probably be the last to ask for a refund from this system. Which is a shame.
    Last edited by irishrelief; July 22nd, 2019 at 03:59. Reason: Tried to tag MadBeardMan, failed.

So then what's happening with WOiN?

First apologies, in the last 6 months I've been in hospital for kidney stone removal (any man will wince at what they did), my mother has been in/out of hospital due to the big 'C' trying to kill her, my eldest daughter has had to move schools and then back again because her autism is causing grief and my day jon for one of our government organisations has taken over my life. This isn't an excuse, it's a reason.

WOiN took approx 1,000 hours to write the ruleset, convert the rulebook, create the data and then re-write parts of the ruleset when 1.2 changed the way the criticals all worked. It was a work of love and then hatred to be honest. Since then I've created the Traveller ruleset, the Traveller 2E ruleset (which is going to go to beta soon) and I've been working on the Vampire the Masquerade for another FG developer to help get that across the line. My skills have come on in a big way, as there's no real manual for FG, and anyone who's written any extension will know it takes time.

I've said to FG that another developer can take WOIN over if they wish, I've said this a few times over the last 6 months knowing I've not got time for it.

However now that Traveller (which is my true love) is almost over the hill, I shall return to WOiN to give it a decent update, address all the known issues (it's hard to know what they are in a single thread) and then convert the NOW ruleset as that's finally been sent through the Smiteworks. Still no sign of OLD which was meant to drop last summer. Oh and Judge Dredd will probably never be released as Rebellion have given the Digital License to others. Though if people can point out the specific rules I can add them.

My plan is to dedicate next week to WOiN and whatever time is required after that (within reason). I'm self employed so cannot work on it 24/7. I did push urgent fixes some months ago, but I didn't see that anyone tested it in TEST channel, so I'll double check it's not made it to live.

** Please do not PM me, my Inbox is full **

Thanks,
    MBM
    Ruleset and much more content built for FGU.
    Come join me on Twitter at: https://twitter.com/MadBeardMan to see what I'm up to!

Quote Originally Posted by MadBeardMan View Post
    So then what's happening with WOiN?
    Thanks,
    MBM
    Thank you MadBeardMan.
    You have my trust

Thread Information