STAR TREK 2d20
Page 17 of 49 First ... 7151617181927 ... Last
    Quote Originally Posted by Viper007 View Post
    Ahh!! Forgot about the html commands, was looking for the radial option as in the story section, enuf said!!
    Info on shortcut commands here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/wiki/...ed_Text_Fields
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

WoiN is now on Bundle of Holding, in case anyone is missing the PDFs

https://bundleofholding.com/presents...mpaign=289WOIN

Quote Originally Posted by Kosh Kaltu View Post
    Vehicles and Starships - WOW! That's a tough one to wrap one's brain around. I would be curious to see how you handle the overlap. For instance, if a starship (fighter) encounters an atmospheric craft, the velocity and scale of movement are a mess as they're written in the WOIN system, and both vehicles are similar in size, but the weapons are waaay different. I'm curious to see how you marry those beasts together. The starfighter would have to slow its speed to a crawl just to shoot at anything on the vehicle scale. Any thoughts on that?

...DM
    I haven't tried it, but I would just give a starfighter 3 times its speed at that scale -- a ship which moves at SPEED 8 in space moves at SPEED 24 in an atmosphere; the atmosphere slows it down. It's super bad physics, but it should work well enough for gameplay. Any faster than that, and it's not really in the same encounter area!

Hi MadBeardMan,
    first of all thanks for your great work on providing us with this cool ruleset :-) !
    Is there a way of adding LUCK-Dice to an attack roll done via the entries I put in "Weapon Attacks" and/or "Psionic Attacks" as described in the Combat Chapter of the rules like in the "Attribute Actions" so that e.g. additional damage dice have the Chance to explode?

Cramdor

Welcome to the forum and FG Community Cramdor!

It's probably some random internet nobody, maybe he has a blog or something. :P

Hi fellow W.O.I.N. fans,

I am looking for some advice. I just picked up the bundle of holding, and I love everything about this rule set. I am preparing Xenomorphs for my group. I am planning on using the pregens, and rewarding players for character death as follows. Each time your character dies, the new character's dice pool maximum size increases by one, from 5d6 to 6d6 to 7d6, etc. That way they should not feel completely useless near the end. But I don't yet have a feel for how hard a monster is. Just doing some simple math, the xenomophs seem to me to be impossible to kill. I appreciate that this is a gritty setting, but if the players feel completely useless, then they will hate the system and will not want to never play it again. We will be stuck playing 5E forever.

Is the adventure that one sided? Or am I not understanding how combat works? I have yet to actually play the game. I am hoping for a final chase scene with the party cutting down several of the xenomorphs while being gradually overwhelmed. I don't want the following.

Player attacks but misses. Repeat several times. Player final hits, but all of the damage is soaked up. Meanwhile, xenomorph slaughters entire party. I know my players. They will not enjoy that at all.

Can someone who has actually ran this give me some feedback and advice? Is it so hopeless for the PCs? If so, what is the best way to balance it a bit more? If at all possible, I really want to run this adventure, but I am having some doubts about my group enjoying it.

Thanks, Kevin

Quote Originally Posted by spoofer View Post
    Hi fellow W.O.I.N. fans,

I am looking for some advice. I just picked up the bundle of holding, and I love everything about this rule set. I am preparing Xenomorphs for my group. I am planning on using the pregens, and rewarding players for character death as follows. Each time your character dies, the new character's dice pool maximum size increases by one, from 5d6 to 6d6 to 7d6, etc. That way they should not feel completely useless near the end. But I don't yet have a feel for how hard a monster is. Just doing some simple math, the xenomophs seem to me to be impossible to kill. I appreciate that this is a gritty setting, but if the players feel completely useless, then they will hate the system and will not want to never play it again. We will be stuck playing 5E forever.

Is the adventure that one sided? Or am I not understanding how combat works? I have yet to actually play the game. I am hoping for a final chase scene with the party cutting down several of the xenomorphs while being gradually overwhelmed. I don't want the following.

Player attacks but misses. Repeat several times. Player final hits, but all of the damage is soaked up. Meanwhile, xenomorph slaughters entire party. I know my players. They will not enjoy that at all.

Can someone who has actually ran this give me some feedback and advice? Is it so hopeless for the PCs? If so, what is the best way to balance it a bit more? If at all possible, I really want to run this adventure, but I am having some doubts about my group enjoying it.

Thanks, Kevin
    That particular adventure is indeed meant to be very one-sided. It's firmly survival horror - the xenomorphs aren't supposed to be fought (they could take on a Breedspawn or two, but not the bigger ones unless they manage to corner one on its own, and definitely not the Matriarch), and PCs are supposed to die. It should play out a lot like an Alien movie.

I would use that adventure as a one-shot at Halloween or something, not as your intro to the system. It would be fun for a group of players taking a break from a longer campaign to do something completely different, but I think it's only fair to warn them in advance about the genre of that adventure.
    Last edited by Morrus; March 27th, 2018 at 12:58.

You could play it out as the PC's were trying out a VR game.

Thread Information