Starfinder Playlist
Page 2 of 3 First 123 Last
    Okay, I am a bit slow with this and I apologize in advance. Think of me as one who can get lost in her own bathroom when explaining things. I have updated my Mac. Recently got FG to work but I have lost the combat tracker and all the nifty tools! Can anyone help me out? It's just buggy....

Blog Entries
    Hello DMistress,

I'm not sure I follow exactly what you are seeing. Can you add some screenshots of what you are seeing? Also, double check any extensions that you have loaded for your campaign and see if those are causing a problem by turning them all off and then loading them one at a time to test.

-Doug

I have uninstalled and reinstalled Wineskin. I'll send screenshots if this doesn't work

Okay so here is the screenshot where my combat tracker went missing. I realize I am not a genius. I also realize I am not a moron....what the heck happened to it?!

Steps I took:
    Uninstall and Reinstall (about three times total)
    Searched the forums and unchecked the GPU box on Screen Options
    Screamed
    Cried
    Drank some wine
    Tried all of the above again

Now I am headed to church this morning and asking God for divine intervention so I can play online with my children this afternoon after BBQ and fixin's. (Yes, I am from the South...yes, I did graduate from a real college and not that fake Alabama place!) And I can't post the screenshot....

So let me see if I can explain:

On the right hand side of the screen, for me, at least, I have all the icons (Library, Parse, Spells, etc). EXCEPT there is no icon or way to get the combat tracker. I have the PC tab....I haven't been using FG in a minute so maybe I am forgetting where it is and how to get there?

Well apparently threatening it with the power of God made it work....I kid you not....It is working....I might still be broken however!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by DMistress View Post
    Well apparently threatening it with the power of God made it work....I kid you not....It is working....I might still be broken however!
    Embrace your... new self.
    Insanity has its advantages.

Blog Entries
    It knew that you were fixin' ta get angry with it.

My wife is from Alabama and has a PhD, but there are just some things that can only be said the Southern way.

I bought the full standard version (non-subscription) of FG through Steam and have yet to get the installer from Steam to actually work! This is the second time that I have tried this program (1st time over a year ago) and it has NOT changed. Piss poor support for MAC, another PC only tool with a crappy port to Mac rather than a true cross-platform program. I HATE that fact that this REQUIRES a third party app just to run on the mac; especially one that installs without any practical use for non-programmers/non-developers. When is UI gonna get some love? -it's terribly archaic, and reminiscent of Win95 quality; not to mention the serious lack of intuitiveness. If I didn't need/want a tool for this purpose; i would demand a refund from Steam.

On top of this, when i downloaded the installer from the FG site, the stupid thing installs the 'free' demo version rather than the full version i paid for. The version in the upper right shows "v3.3.6FREE." I registered with my Steam CD Key and it did not fix it. I linked my Steam account, and nothing. Fortunately, re-entering the key w/syntax fixed the 'free' edition problem. But I posted this as a complaint against the mac version of FG due to the crap I had to deal with on just getting the program to run. I purchased through Steam so that I could use the software on both my mac's and PC's (I have 2 of each) via the Steam client. But, mac users need to be aware of this problem with the Steam installer and the fact that the program will not actually launch from Steam on a mac (at least not mine). Hopefully, I have no more issues or that refund request will become a reality.

Blog Entries
    Hi eebow421

Sorry you are experiencing hassles. For most mac users the Steam install works fine - but not everyone. When the Steam install doesnt work the recommendation is to install it from the links on the Home page of this website.
    All versions - Mac and PC, from Steam and this website download as a Demo client. You then add your key and run the updater.

The UI is unlikely to change radically in the near future. It has been designed for use with RPGs and despite some initial learning curve is quite efficient and intuitive once you start using it.
    In the future there will be a native Mac client however that will be ready when its ready.

Thread Information