5E Character Create Playlist
Page 50 of 62 First ... 40484950515260 ... Last
    Quote Originally Posted by lardball View Post
    Using the Max damage modifier and rolling against something with resistance is a bit wonky. From my tests it looks like it does the following:
    1) Applies the original roll as normal damage. This is mitigated by damage resistance.
    2) Calculates the difference between the original roll and the max damage roll.
    3) Applies the difference as additional damage. This damage is NOT mitigated by damage resistance.

Easiest way to test is to use a single dice damage roll (I used the d12 from Witch Bolt against an Air Elemental) and watch the animation for the result. You'll see that if you roll high it does less damage. If you roll low it does more damage.
    Looks like some kind of rounding issue. I'll see that the person who knows about these things is informed. thanks for the report.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Quote Originally Posted by Zacchaeus View Post
    Can you give me specific examples. PHB spells should be picked up without issue if the Spellcasting trait is correctly worded.
    Miraj Vizann whom i reported earlier does not have chromatic orb populating. (Phb spell)

Quote Originally Posted by lostsanityreturned View Post
    Miraj Vizann whom i reported earlier does not have chromatic orb populating. (Phb spell)
    Well that is a mystery. I can't figure out why. If I delete the spells, close and re-open the character it is there. If I create a character with just chromatic orb it appears. I'll have to do more testing.

EDIT: It doesn't show up on another NPC as well, Vanifer
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

There was also a couple of weird issues with items and how they were handled. Rarity being put into the cost section, rarity being wrong while in the cost section.
    Mundane objects lacking descriptions or appearing as unidentified.

Quote Originally Posted by lostsanityreturned View Post
    There was also a couple of weird issues with items and how they were handled. Rarity being put into the cost section, rarity being wrong while in the cost section.
    Mundane objects lacking descriptions or appearing as unidentified.
    Yes, I'm aware of the issue with rarity appearing in the wrong location - I'm awaiting a fix. It happens only when an item is viewed from the link in a parcel. When viewed from the items list everything is fine. As regards mundane items the way PotA was initially put together the items were just lines in the parcels rather than actual items in the equipment list. I am replacing those as I go through the module at the moment. Not all of the items have any kind of description, but where they do I'm adding those in. I can't remember if mundane items were automatically flagged as identified or not, but I'll find out.

If you have the dmg and mordenkainens tome of foes loaded at the same time choosing eladrin, even from mordenkainen will populate with the dmg entries. And yes this means all listed items as eladrin in the subclass section do so. The ability bonus is also stuck at intelligence unless you unload the dungeon masters guide modules.

Furthermore if you click the elf class and then select "subclass" dragon head it will show the sword coast adventurers guide elves if the SCAG module is loaded.

I will create a video explaining this if necessary as it isn't a problem with dragging the wrong class.

You can simply not load modules, but that is a workaround that only works if you are aware of the issue.

-edit-
    Tested this further. Loading modules seems to change the destination of subrace links on the sheet.
    For instance loading dmg changes the subrace link so it points to dmg eladrin (and will populate the sheet with dmg eladrin regardless of where the subclass is chosen from) and the SCAG module overrides the subclass link once again and just shows the four elf choices from the SCAG although doesn't impact character creation.

-edit 2-
    The subrace link destination issue issues with other races and the SCAG too (just tested with duergar). It doesn't exist with PHB subraces though, just subraces from other books.
    Issue exists for elves, dwarves, gnomes and tieflings.

DMG aasimar prompt a subrace selection when chosen, this was reported earlier I believe and is still an issue for people who don't know it is a bug. The only workaround is to disable volos guide if you are creating a dmg aasimar character (fine, but players make mistakes and DMs cannot asign books on a player by player basis, so one players desire to make a cleric of the death domain could confuse and mess up an aasimar another player is making)

Classes and subclass links don't seem to have the issue thst races/subraces do.
    Last edited by lostsanityreturned; June 9th, 2018 at 22:17.

Yes, I am aware of this issue. We'll hopefully get a fix soon. It only affects viewing the subraces; if you use drag/drop to create characters it will still pop up with all of the subraces.

Quote Originally Posted by Zacchaeus View Post
    Yes, I am aware of this issue. We'll hopefully get a fix soon. It only affects viewing the subraces; if you use drag/drop to create characters it will still pop up with all of the subraces.
    The eladrin populates incorrectly though. Regardless of the subrace selected, all eladrin turn into the dmg eladrin if you have the dmg loaded.

I’ll have a look at that.

Have unloaded DMG and SCAG and gotten Eladrin to populate correctly, have then created character and exported and sent to GM of module I am playing
    will advise if it populates correctly on import

Thread Information