Dungeons & Dragons 2024 Core Rulebooks Pre-Order

Word Wrap Gone Wonky

I'm finding that since updating to 3.3.2 that sometimes the word wrap is messed up.

2017-10-02_4-25-21.jpg

I thought it might just be my theme but it does under the 5E one as well.
    Jim Hale
    Ultimate License - D&D5E (AL)
    DDAL-DCI: 4317029791
    Game Signups (Calendar)

I'm not seeing this. Does it work with no theme at all (just the standard FG theme - not the 5e one). Also what module is that? Is it only certain text boxes that are problematic - or all of them?
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

It does it with the FG theme as well. It randomly messes up the text in the chat window but seems to be pretty consistent in the Story.

2017-10-02_5-39-28.jpg

I'm cutting and pasting a PDF (DDAL4-06 The Ghost) into Notepad++, cleaning it up and then pasting into FG.
    Jim Hale
    Game Signups (Calendar)

Are you using CTRL-J to join up the lines?
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Quote Originally Posted by Zacchaeus View Post
    Are you using CTRL-J to join up the lines?
    Yes. And there appear to be tabs as spaces all over the PDF but I'm replacing those as well. If I stretch the story window horizontally, it looks normal but when I push it back is when the word wrap looks like the images.
    Jim Hale
    Game Signups (Calendar)

My guess is that since you are using a pdf that there are hidden carriage returns or line feeds. If you paste into something like notepad and switch on the options to show all characters you should be able to see what's causing the problem and globally remove them.

Okie Dokie - I'll check when I get home from work. Thanks!
    Jim Hale
    Game Signups (Calendar)

Got it! Notepad++ shows spaces as dots but there were a LOT spaces that didn't have dots so I selected one and Searched/Replaced with normal spaces and now all appears to be well.

Thank You!
    Jim Hale
    Game Signups (Calendar)

Thread Information