DICE PACKS BUNDLE

Thread: Antimagic Field

Antimagic Field

Besides effectss, there is currently no easy way to track effect of magic as effected by an Antimagic Field?

These are the modules and extensions created and/or taken over by dellanx for PFRPG.

I had a lot of help and advice from many here at FG.

Thank You!

No. Antimagic Field is a challenging spell to GM with, as the GM has to make a lot of decisions about what is magic in their campaign. There's really no way to automate tracking.

Regards,
    JPG

Quote Originally Posted by Moon Wizard View Post
    No. Antimagic Field is a challenging spell to GM with, as the GM has to make a lot of decisions about what is magic in their campaign. There's really no way to automate tracking.

Regards,
    JPG
    Thanks; I am handling it with an effect, one for a primary weapon(s}, unless it is an artifact then not needed, and one for armor and other modifiers, like stats, skills and saves. It does not happen very often, but when it does it is a pain in the old keister.

These are the modules and extensions created and/or taken over by dellanx for PFRPG.

Thank You!

Yes, without a major rewrite of NPC and PC sheets this is not really possible (adding e.g. for each bonus types two fields: magical and non-magical ones, basically adding everywhere a field about whether it's magic) and it would probably clutter the character sheets a lot. This would sadly need a lot of coding

Depending on what you want to do my antimagic extension (see my signature) might help but that is only something very little: A group toggle for magical effects (applying penalties which one has to set up), it just makes it easier to toggle all the magical things on/off, it still needs some setup but when you do the most magical things through effects then it's quickly done. But it is especially written for fights against beholders (where antimagic goes on and off all the time such that a group toggle is better than clicking through all effects separately), so just for a fixed large area for antimagic the time saving might be not that big

I made our group groan sunday night when we used a Anti-Magic shell. I got to regretfully inform them that our characters couldn't be friends anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Nylanfs View Post
    I made our group groan sunday night when we used a Anti-Magic shell. I got to regretfully inform them that our characters couldn't be friends anymore.
    I will try it tomorrow with use of pre-written effects.

Thank You!

Thread Information