Starfinder Playlist
Page 3 of 8 First 12345 ... Last
    While I agree that would be a good idea, I don't think Smiteworks should require that as that would put them in the position of trying to regulate it, which then require enforcement.

Which I don't think Smiteworks should or have responsibility or authority for.
    Ultimate License Holder
    Current Campaign: Necessary Evil
    Current Project: Dawn of Daikaiju: Converting, Deadlands: Reloaded The last Sons - Quality Assurance Checking
    Discord: Mgrancey#4994
    "Mad Science" means never stopping to ask "what's the worst thing that could happen?" -- Maxim 14 of The Seventy Maxims of Maximally Effective Mercenaries
    Adventure: Keep Living Life Like There's No Tomorrow and You'll Eventually Be Right,

I don't think they're hostile at all. They can just see it happen already: a disgruntled player posts about the horrible misadventure with a paid DM and how does Smiteworks dare to harbor these fiends, these virtual scum?! Surely *someone* must be held accountable, and since the DM absconded with the precious moolah, it will be the blasted company that fosters this kind of vile misconduct!

I personally don't care either way. To each their own. If I would have been in a physical game, I would bring snacks and drinks, and chip in for DM product. SW have provided a gift option, which takes care of that in a way. Although most DMs I've gamed with actually stalwartly refuse to accept anything. There's also "paid" and "paid" in my mind: if you run an adventure that costs $20 and lasts about 20 sessions, and you charge $1 per session. Is that really all that horrible? If you charge a hefty premium, promising the world? Is one person's king's ransom a pittance to someone else? I think they're definitely onto something making a few basic rules at this point and proceeding carefully without actually disallowing it.

I accept "GM bribes" - an old tradition in gaming - but no one is required to pay *anything* to play in my games. This is something I do for enjoyment, if I had to keep track of the finances it would become work.

Quote Originally Posted by Mgrancey View Post
    While I agree that would be a good idea, I don't think Smiteworks should require that as that would put them in the position of trying to regulate it, which then require enforcement.

Which I don't think Smiteworks should or have responsibility or authority for.
    I am not saying that Smiteworks or the rules should require paid GMs to accept refunds. I am stating they should make the GM state in the post about the paid game what their personal refund policy is even if that policy is No Refunds. This way everyone knows exactly what they are getting into up front.
    Full License owner
    Destroyer of Bacon
    The thin line between genius and insanity is dotted.

I DM all the time in real life and use the program to help me make it more interactive. I want to join a game that I am NOT the DM and would pay a small fee if the group was also paying. I wish there was a "looking for group" in the program.

Ya posted and been reposting for weeks.
    https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...r-midnight-EST

It don't help when you have nothing to do but big on the forms for weeks and months.
    Last edited by michaelzep; October 11th, 2017 at 05:43.

Quote Originally Posted by michaelzep View Post
    Ya posted and been reposting for weeks.
    Well, it doesn't help when you are only available one night and only want to play one game system. Kinda limits your choices.

Quote Originally Posted by Andraax View Post
    Well, it doesn't help when you are only available one night and only want to play one game system. Kinda limits your choices.
    Sorry that I work and have other commitments. It still doesn't take away from the idea of having a looking for group in the program for jump in players.

Thanks Damned, I will.

Thread Information