DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 3 of 4 First 1234 Last

I really love this concept, but I am not so technically-minded. Forgive me, but can someone please lead me to some documentation where I can find the various arguments we can use? I wasn't able to find it on my own :/

There's not much to it. Download the app from the link in the first post (https://github.com/JDCain/FG5eXmlToP...2_unstable.zip), extract it and run the app from a command window i.e FG5eXmlToPdf.exe faffner.xml where faffner.xml is an example character XML file of mine exported from Fantasy Grounds and put in the same directory as the app. The app will generate an editable PDF in the same directory.

Quote Originally Posted by niknas View Post
    There's not much to it. Download the app from the link in the first post (https://github.com/JDCain/FG5eXmlToP...2_unstable.zip), extract it and run the app from a command window i.e FG5eXmlToPdf.exe faffner.xml where faffner.xml is an example character XML file of mine exported from Fantasy Grounds and put in the same directory as the app. The app will generate an editable PDF in the same directory.
    I think the poster would like to know what a command line is.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

I really like this tool, however, with half of my xml files I get the following (using version 0.6.0 or 0.6.1, 0.6.2 has the same but a different path that seems to have been compiled in)

System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
    at FG5eXmlToPDF.FG5eXml.GetSkills(List`1 skillList, ICharacter character) in C:\Source\repos\FG5eXmlToPdf\FG5eXmlToPdf\Fg5eXml. cs:line 205
    at FG5eXmlToPDF.FG5eXml.LoadCharacter(String fileString) in C:\Source\repos\FG5eXmlToPdf\FG5eXmlToPdf\Fg5eXml. cs:line 21
    at FG5eXmlToPdf.Console.Program.Main(String[] args)

Unhandled Exception: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
    at FG5eXmlToPDF.FG5eXml.GetSkills(List`1 skillList, ICharacter character) in C:\Source\repos\FG5eXmlToPdf\FG5eXmlToPdf\Fg5eXml. cs:line 205
    at FG5eXmlToPDF.FG5eXml.LoadCharacter(String fileString) in C:\Source\repos\FG5eXmlToPdf\FG5eXmlToPdf\Fg5eXml. cs:line 21
    at FG5eXmlToPdf.Console.Program.Main(String[] args)

They are all just single name .xml. Example:

Leonardo.xml
    Donatello.xml
    Michelangelo.xml
    Raphael.xml

What Leo and Raph work but the other two fail for example.

Quote Originally Posted by nibowl View Post
    I really like this tool, however, with half of my xml files I get the following (using version 0.6.0 or 0.6.1, 0.6.2 has the same but a different path that seems to have been compiled in)
    The error is raised when processing the skill list. See if you can spot a difference in the skill list for the PCs that work and those that don’t. You may need to look at the exported PC XML if there’s not a clear difference looking at it in the FG GUI.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

It appears that somehow the characters xml files that work have all of the skills listed in them regardless of proficiency. The ones that fail only have the skills they are proficient in contained in the xml. I didn't create them in different manners though, which is odd.

Thread Information