5E Character Create Playlist
Page 2 of 4 First 1234 Last
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by not_so_there View Post
    Not sure how to handle massive amounts of text for Feats, Traits, & Features. At higher levels these would be impossible to read.
    What about an option that text can go on a second/third page? i.e. check a box for Feats and the name of the feat goes on the main page but then all the feat text goes in what is effectively an appendix page. Same with Traits, Features, Spells, etc?

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Quote Originally Posted by LordEntrails View Post
    What about an option that text can go on a second/third page? i.e. check a box for Feats and the name of the feat goes on the main page but then all the feat text goes in what is effectively an appendix page. Same with Traits, Features, Spells, etc?
    Great idea!

Release 0.4.0: https://github.com/JDCain/FG5eXmlToP...ases/tag/0.4.0
    Per suggestion moved long descriptions of feats, features, and traits to 4th page with large form field on it. I've kept it as a field so it will still be editable using the free version of Acrobat if necessary.

unstable / alpha Release(s):
    New: https://github.com/JDCain/FG5eXmlToP...ases/tag/0.5.0
    added: spell list and prepared marks, fixes for crash on missing damage bonus, other fixes, see commits.

This is really cool. I just tested it out, and there was just one thing that seems odd.

The character I tested it on has the Alert feat, which gives +5 to Init. But the initiative listed on the PDF character sheet is 508. He has 16 DEX +5 for Alert, so the number should be 8. Just figured you might need to know.

Quote Originally Posted by ssides View Post
    The character I tested it on has the Alert feat, which gives +5 to Init. But the initiative listed on the PDF character sheet is 508. He has 16 DEX +5 for Alert, so the number should be 8. Just figured you might need to know.
    ty

Can you post an export of the char so I can look at the xml and run it though in debug?

For the time being if you open it in Reader DC you should be able to and change it manually since it's using editable form fields (Some other PDF form readers may work too but I don't know which).

unstable / alpha Release: https://github.com/JDCain/FG5eXmlToP...ases/tag/0.6.0
    - Removed photo box from PDF and now add appearance text from XML.
    - Filtered powers so that only items from the Spells group are added into the spells sheet.
    - Added spell casting class and ability (uses first class in list if multi-classing)
    - Added Spell Slots.

Blog Entries
    Glad to see you are still working on this. It's on my plate to explore and do more with. But dang my plate is pretty full *G*

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Quote Originally Posted by LordEntrails View Post
    Glad to see you are still working on this. It's on my plate to explore and do more with. But dang my plate is pretty full *G*
    Mine too, but looking forward to test it.
    Thanks for the work

unstable / alpha Release: https://github.com/JDCain/FG5eXmlToP...ases/tag/0.6.1
    - Patch for null error.

Thread Information