DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 4 of 4 First ... 234
    In my tests of this exporter, it would crash when exporting a custom skill added to the PC sheet in FG..for example, I added a Stonecunning skill roll with explanation. Exporter would crash. Once I removed, export worked perfectly.

Addendum, I did not have a stat associated with another custom skill roll, ie...DEX... once I added the proper stat entry, the exporter worked perfectly. So custom skills checks DO export properly.

I've been looking for a way to export Fantasy Grounds Unity character sheets to printable PDFs, but I cannot get this program to work. Perhaps I am not running it correctly. I am running it from Command Prompt (admin privileges) with "start [file path]\FG5eXmlToPdf.exe," but I get an error message saying "This application could not be started." Do I need to do it differently, or is there a better way to export character sheets to PDFs?

Welcome to the FG forums!

Quote Originally Posted by comicsmaverick View Post
    I've been looking for a way to export Fantasy Grounds Unity character sheets to printable PDFs, but I cannot get this program to work. Perhaps I am not running it correctly. I am running it from Command Prompt (admin privileges) with "start [file path]\FG5eXmlToPdf.exe," but I get an error message saying "This application could not be started." Do I need to do it differently, or is there a better way to export character sheets to PDFs?
    Just run the executable. So [file path]\FG5eXmlToPdf.exe [XML filename]

See the "usage from command line" info at the bottom of the release thread: https://github.com/JDCain/FG5eXmlToPdf/releases/
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Thanks, I did have the character XML filename in there, but I was using an old version of the app. :P I got one character sheet out of two files I've tried. Is there a way to tell it where to create the PDF? I had to search my hard drive for it, and finally found it in a system folder. I ran the app from my desktop.

Quote Originally Posted by comicsmaverick View Post
    Thanks, I did have the character XML filename in there, but I was using an old version of the app. :P I got one character sheet out of two files I've tried. Is there a way to tell it where to create the PDF? I had to search my hard drive for it, and finally found it in a system folder. I ran the app from my desktop.
    I don't know, I don't use it. Maybe try running it from somewhere other than your desktop - I don't know if that will make a difference.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

The app saves to the same directory it's run in. It makes me nervous when people run these type of app with admin inside a system directory. He says it's alpha and unstable. Create a folder inside Documents and run it there or in a directory just off of a non booting drive, ie d:\char

LOL you just reminded me I haven't done a back up in a while. I think I'll go do one...

Quote Originally Posted by Griogre View Post
    The app saves to the same directory it's run in. It makes me nervous when people run these type of app with admin inside a system directory. He says it's alpha and unstable. Create a folder inside Documents and run it there or in a directory just off of a non booting drive, ie d:\char

LOL you just reminded me I haven't done a back up in a while. I think I'll go do one...
    Yeah I just wanted to make sure it would actually work, and I had already tried running it in my synced Google Drive folder with no luck. I swear I did the exact same thing in Command Prompt multiple times, and one time it worked, but I haven't gotten it to work since. It was also really weird that it generated the PDF into a random system folder and not the one I actually ran it from. Not sure what I did wrong, but I'm giving up for now. Faster for me to transcribe by hand.

Thread Information