Starfinder Playlist
Page 1 of 5 123 ... Last
    Blog Entries

Mystic Class (from Unearthed Arcana) Implementor Extension and Module

My apologies to the community. The data in the module portion of this extension/module pair was deemed to be non-compliant with Wizards of the Coast copyright. (For additional details see the lengthy discussion under the Unearthed Arcana module mentioned below.)

May 2018:
    After several attempts to become copyright compliant, I am abandoning this project.
    More details can be found toward the end of this thread.

Thanks for your understanding and past support.

The Mystic Class Implementor springboards off of Nickademus' marvelous Unearthed Arcana module (with permission). I can't thank him enough for such a great community contribution.

Adding some of the Psionic Disciplines and Talents to the Character Sheet Actions tab from the textual feat descriptions in the Unearthed Arcana module was time consuming and many didn't parse quite the way I wanted them to, so I have written this "work accelerator" of sorts. It contains modifications to the Spell Library Editor and the Spell Editor as well as a module containing all of the Disciplines and Talents parsed into individual "spells".

Installation instructions for extensions and modules can be found here.

The following posts to this thread contain additional information that might be of interest:
    #2 - What does it do - An abbreviated manual of sorts.
    #3 - Versioning information.
    #4 - Known issues. Work under construction. Acknowledged enhancements. And....
    Last edited by Minty23185Fresh; May 9th, 2018 at 19:10. Reason: status updates
    Current Projects:
    Always...
    Community Contributions:
    Extensions: Bardic Inspiration, Druid Wild Shapes, Local Dice Tower, Library Field Filters
    Tutorial Blog Series: "A Neophyte Tackles (coding) the FG Extension".

Blog Entries

How to use the extension and module - A manual of sorts

The Mystic's Psionic Disciplines and Talents functionality very closely mirrors D&D's Spell functionalities.

In the setting of Fantasy Grounds it only makes sense to simply repurpose the spell editors and other functions that are already in place rather than adding a large volume of code to mirror that functionality.

The Spell Library Editor
    Once the accompanying module is installed and loaded the Psionic Disciplines and Talents will be available for use either through the Library button in the tray or the Spells Library Editor, which is an available option for the components tray (see screen shot below).

This extension adds three search filters specific to Psionics to the Library Editor: Discipline, Focus and Order.
    Library Editor.png

The Spell Editor
    Some labels on this editor have been changed: the editor type has been renamed from "Spell" to "Psionic", "School" has been renamed to "Order", "Ritual" to "Focus" and "Components" to "Discipline".

Note that only the labels have been changed, the field names in the XML and in code have not been renamed. So for the example in the following screenshot, the Components field in XML and code contains "Diminution".

To change the editor into "Psionic" mode from "Spell" mode, click the little lock in the upper right to get into edit mode then click on "Spell", it toggles back and forth from "Spell" to "Psionic". A special note: Psionics are spell level 42, well actually -42, but what could be a more appropriate answer to the question of hiding the Psionics with the architecture of the Spells?!
    Spell Editor.png

Psionics on the Character Sheet
    When a Discipline is dragged on to the Actions tab of the Character Sheet, the extension groups them by individual Disciplines and a group for Talents. The special Discipline components Focus are carved out into their own Focuses group. (The following screen shot is not complete, most of the discipline components are not shown so that I could fit everything I wanted to illustrate on to one screen shot.)
    Char Sheet.png

The Accompanying Module
    The module contains all of the Mystic's Disciplines and Talents parsed from the Feats listed in the Unearthed Arcana module into individual spells. The description of each talent and discipline has been (hand parsed) into the other fields (e.g. the Summary, Casting Time, etc.). Each component of a discipline has been dragged on to a Character Sheet to ensure proper parsing of the text into Cast/Save, Dmg and Effect sub windows and corrected as needed (see example circle in green in the screen shot above). It was a rather laborious process but I am finally done. If you notice any errors, or have suggestions (especially regarding the Effects) please let me know.
    Last edited by Minty23185Fresh; September 28th, 2017 at 16:34. Reason: Actual content

Blog Entries

Versioning Information

Extension
    Feb 07, 2018 - v0.1.1 - Compatibility issues with FG v0.3.3.4 fixed
    Oct 25, 2017 - v0.1.0 - Fixes + Psi Points, see post 22 (use with mod v0.1.0)
    Sep 23, 2017 - v0.0.1 - Initial version (use with mod v0.0.1 or v0.0.2)

Module
    Feb 07, 2018 - v0.1.1 - Minor data issues addressed
    Oct 25, 2017 - v0.1.0 - Fixes + Psi Points, see post 22 (use with ext v0.1.0)
    Sep 28, 2017 - v0.0.2 - Parse to spell data fields and spell actions complete (use with ext v0.0.1)
    Sep 23, 2017 - v0.0.1 - Initial version (use with ext v0.0.1)
    Last edited by Minty23185Fresh; February 7th, 2018 at 21:35. Reason: Actual content

Blog Entries

Issues, fixes, enhancements and whatever else

Currently no issues. No enhancements planned. (Oct 25, 2017)

===== Issues that have been fixed or retired =====

Extension/Module v0.1.1, released Feb 07, 2018 fixed these Minor data items
    Module
    1) Mastery of Force Discipline (Move)
    the table needs reformatting (see shortcuts)
    2) Diminution Discipline (Miniature Form)
    unitalicize the first line of the description
    3) Psionic Restoration (Focus)
    missing the first phrase summarizing psionic restoration
    4) Acid Spray
    is in edit mode (see Spell Library editor)

Extension/Module v0.1.0, released Oct 25, 2017 fixed this
    Sep 28, 2017
    Extension
    When a new discipline or talent is dragged on to the Actions tab of the Character Sheet a new power group is created. The default Ability is not assigned to the power group, so decision criteria for Casts can be adversely affected. You must assign the Ability by hand using the Power Group dialog. Here is a screenshot showing the Power Group dialog and a portion of the Character Sheet Action tab with relevant items circled in red. In the screen shot, I've circled the Save portion of the Cast. The DC here is incorrect, it should be 15 based on my Mystic's abilities. To correct this bring up the Power Group dialog by clicking on the little magnifying on the Power Group header bar. Intelligence is the base psionic Ability for Mystics. Click the Ability field until "Int" appears and that's it, the Save DC should be the proper value.
    Power Group Dialog.png

Fantasy Grounds version v3.3.3, released Oct 04, 2017 fixed this
    Sep 23, 2017 Extension

There is a known issue with Fantasy Grounds v3.3.2. I have reported the issue here. I'm hoping the investigation by the developers at Smiteworks will find it to be a problem worth addressing. If not I'll come up with a work around. But that being said, in my mind, there are no errors when a Discipline or Talent is dropped on to the Character Sheet Action tab. Everything parses just fine. The error occurring is that FG reports an error that doesn't exist (humbly submitted, with respect to Fantasy Grounds and its developers ).
    Not an Error.png
    Last edited by Minty23185Fresh; February 7th, 2018 at 21:33. Reason: v0.1.1 fixed minor issues

Guys, shouldn't system-specific extensions be in the ruleset forum they are specific to? (At least for those that have a subforum)

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Bidmaron View Post
    Guys, shouldn't system-specific extensions be in the ruleset forum they are specific to? (At least for those that have a subforum)
    I wouldn't mind knowing the answer to that, myself. Looking at the 5e extensions pages, it looks like only "worthwhile" extensions are there. This particular extension may be of little interest to most forum watchers since it deals with material not accepted by WotC as mainstream. As such I put it in the general area, until it gets "blessed" I guess.

Sorry if I misplaced it.
    Current Projects:
    Always...
    Community Contributions:
    Extensions: Bardic Inspiration, Druid Wild Shapes, Local Dice Tower, Library Field Filters
    Tutorial Blog Series: "A Neophyte Tackles (coding) the FG Extension".

Well, notice my post was a question. I am not sure either. The moderators are very busy folks.

It is in the right place, and you linked a thread in the 5e forum so it'll get seen there.

For some technical reason which neither I nor Trenloe cannot understand I cannot edit the extensions thread otherwise I would have stickied it by now. We'll have to wait until Trenloe has the time to get around to putting this one in there.
    As far as I know all extensions are already stickied in the extensions thread; it isn't a question of 'worthwhile' or otherwise. Any extension is worthwhile to someone. If you know of any extensions which haven't been stickied then let me know.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Zacchaeus, I must respectfully disagree. To cut down on the posts folks who are interested in only one system must view, it would seem best if system-specific, non-tech-assist type posts go in the respective subforum. Why should they be duplicated here?

In a bigger sense, the forum seems to have lost a lot of discipline lately with 3.3.2 problems in almost every forum. The post locations are all over the place recently. Some of that is new users, of course.

There is an equal argument that since this is the extensions forum that extensions shouldn't appear anywhere else.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Thread Information