FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Running Starfinder in FG Basics Video Tutorial

This is the first video set I put together on the basics of running Starfinder game in FG using the free Pathfinder ruleset.

Starfinder GM Basic Setup
    https://www.twitch.tv/videos/178736502

Starfinder NPC Creation in FG
    https://www.twitch.tv/videos/178755324

Starfinder Starship Combat Basics
    https://www.twitch.tv/videos/178742684

Play through Example [with PC and Starship Combat]
    https://www.twitch.tv/videos/182406706

The links referenced in the video are:

Attached Images Attached Images
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by Talen; October 29th, 2017 at 17:09. Reason: linked to higher quality video

Nice. Thank you for putting this guide together. It will make it much easier to get up and running for my first starfinder session.
    Great work to all who contributed and thanks again for saving me so much time, your efforts are appreciated.

Cheers, much appreciated Talen.
    Server License: Ultimate. Anyone can play for free.
    Server Address: Cold Thief Bold Luck

Awesome!

Is this possible to do without purchasing pathfinder on FG?

Would it be possible to have a simple list of requirements in the main post for clarity.

You can use the free Pathfinder Ruleset that comes with FG just fine for the Starfinder mods.
    Server License: Ultimate. Anyone can play for free.
    Server Address: Cold Thief Bold Luck

Talen, in one of your videos you have a phaser sound go off when you attacked. I have installed the DOE sound extension but I am not being able to have the auto sounds populate after I have had an NPC attack a few times. How did you get your phaser sound to automatically play when you attacked? Keep in mind that I am not a programmer or computer language literate at all; I do not know if you programmed that sound to go off on your own or if you will able to get your DOE auto sounds to automatically populate.

Thanks

Im not in front of my screen so i cant walk through it and i hope im not screwing this up from memory. The short answer is that you wont do it as an autosound, you will do it as a chat sound. Its simple once you get the hang of it within Dulux Oz's extension.

1. Add the the new chat sound
    2. Add the sound link (in my case from syrinscspe)
    3. Roll the action from the action tab in the pc sheet you want to use as a trigger.
    4. From the chat window, right click on the text that appeared after you rolled your action
    5. Select copy text from the radial menu
    6. Paste the text into your trigger in the new sound entry
    7. Click the add sound button
    8. Close the entry you just created
    9. Make sure sound is enabled in your fg options section.
    10. Everything should be a go!

Give a shout if you still need a hand.
    Last edited by Talen; September 29th, 2017 at 10:37.

Screenshot (1).png

Thank you Talen, for trying to help me out. I still am not hearing the sound play after following your directions. Above is a screenshot of what I have done in Fantasy Grounds. I have tried copy/pasting the long laser sound directly from syrinscape into the sound string and also using the long laser link/button from the Sounds tab within the DOE sound extension itself. After creating the chat sound as (I think) you instructed, I hit the attack from Arnold's action tab on his character sheet but I do not get a sound played. I do hear sounds when I click on their respective links/buttons. Any suggestions?

Looks like you are doing everything right. To confirm, did you turn the sound on in the settings section? (See pick below - 3rd option under Client section).

If that isnt it, maybe try abbreviating the trigger to "Laser rifle" and see if that works?
    Attached Images Attached Images

Thread Information