DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 1 of 6 123 ... Last

PF Player Effect Removal Extension

This extension is compatible with FG 3.3.3.
    PF Player Effect Removal Extension
    Version: 2.0
    Rulesets: 3.5E/PFRPG
    With help from: Trenloe
    Description: Via the use of a single effect tag REMOVE: this extension allows players to remove effects that have been applied by them to either their own PC or other creatures (friendly, neutral or hostile). If the player has applied the effect, they can remove that effect through the use of this extension. Included in this extension is the STACK: and MULTI: tags to allow multiples of the same effect to be applied for various purposes.

v2.0 Update Notes
    • This extension uses a new design to minimize conflicts with other extensions and increase its resilience against FG updates.
    • The STACK tag has been added to offer an easy way to count things in the CT.
    • The MULTI tag has been added to offer a way to stack identical modifier effects.

Modification Specifics
    Modified:
    campaign/scripts/spell_action_mini.lua

-- Remove Effect Tag --
    How to Use
    To remove an effect from yourself or another creature in the combat tracker, simply make an effect with the tag 'REMOVE: ' followed by the full name of the effect to be removed. For instance, to remove the 'Sneak Attack; DMG: 1d6' effect, you would make an effect called 'REMOVE: Sneak Attack; DMG: 1d6'. Then you just apply the removal effect to the target. A special button represents the removal effect and will appear once you have typed REMOVE. The effect is case sensitive so make sure the REMOVE: entry matches the effect application entry exactly - the best way to do this is to copy the effect line and paste into the REMOVE: entry.

NOTE: The creature with the effect must be targeted to remove it. If you are using effects with a target of "SELF" then the removal effect must also be set to "SELF".

How Does It Work
    The removal tag searches the target for an effect with the name indicated after the 'REMOVE:' and removes it.

The following screenshots show examples of how this is setup in the charsheet Actions tab and how the chat display shows the removal of the effect.

-- Stack Tag --
    How to Use
    For effects that you need to keep a count of, use the 'STACK:' tag. Applying the effect will add one to the stack rather than adding a new effect. This tag works with the REMOVE tag so you can remove one from the stack by using the 'REMOVE: STACK:' tag. See the example below for a stacking count of mirror images.

How Does It Work
    When a stacking effect is sent to FG it looks for a preexisting stack to add it to. If there is none, it creates a stack of 1 effect. When a remove stack effect is sent to FG it looks for a stack of the indicated effect. If it finds one, the stack is decreased by 1 or the effect is removed if only one remained.

-- Multi Tag --
    How to Use
    For effects that you need to apply multiple times, use the 'MULTI:' tag. Applying the effect will add the effect preceded by a number and semicolon. (This causes FG to view it as a unique effect.) The MULTI tag is best used for effects that expend as soon as they are rolled, as the effects cannot be removed with the REMOVE tag.

How Does It Work
    When a multi effect is sent to FG it looks for a preexisting multi effect. If there is none, it creates an effect with '1;'. If it finds a multi effect, it adds a new effect with a number one higher.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by Nickademus; November 16th, 2017 at 03:51.
    I never claimed to be sane. Besides, it's more fun this way.

My kineticist thanks you for the stack feature.
    A soft answer turneth away wrath. Once wrath is looking the other way, stab it in the back.

I hope you meant 3.3.2.

Quote Originally Posted by darrenan View Post
    I hope you meant 3.3.2.
    Bah. Nobody reads instructions anyway. You're lucky I even remember which primary version we're on...

Thanks for the update, some of my players missed their remove buttons on their sheet working. Nice work! Kudos for the added functionality as well.

You're lucky Nick can remember what primary day we are on.

I still struggle with the year. Apparently the bank doesn't want to use the Eberron calendar...

I have an issue with the extension, and perhaps I've just got something configured wrong. When running a Pathfinder session the added effects default to "OFF" instead of "ON", is anyone else seeing that?

Quote Originally Posted by Nickademus View Post
    I still struggle with the year. Apparently the bank doesn't want to use the Eberron calendar...
    Neither does Realm Works, totally problematic for us Plane Jumpers

Erin, I see you over there on those RW boards all the time. Looks like things are about to happen over there finally

Thread Information