STAR TREK 2d20
Page 5 of 7 First ... 34567 Last
    Many thanks to Trenloe and Nickademus for this very useful extension. As others have pointed out, it served as a great example of how to interact with the FG code infrastructure and taught me a great deal.

Continuing the conversation, I would like to suggest that even though players can remove effects via the combat tracker that is not necessarily optimal. You most likely entered an effect via your actions tab and you should be able to remove it as needed via the same location. While perhaps a minor efficiency gain keeping the REMOVE effect in the actions tab, it is a larger organizational enhancement.

Second, my requirement for this feature came about from a side conversation with Zacchaeus concerning a potential bug with 'once per modifier' timing. The REMOVE feature is (almost) exactly what I needed to overcome that deficiency. While correcting the behavior of the 'once per modifier' timing issue would be the closer to the ideal situation, your extension makes the sequence simple. (FYI, the issue is that while all of the effects are popped from an effect using 'once per modifier' timing as expected, any tag associated with the effect remains behind). (FWIW, the ideal for my current problem would be to allow the Weapon Meta dialog use 'per weapon' instead of on the Weapons group.)

Thirdly, in order to make my preferred sequence work (in light of the deficiency noted), I had to make a minor tweak to the remove_effect_tag.lua script provided in the extension. This might be usable by others but I will ask how best to disseminate since I am VERY new to this platform. Essentially, the REMOVE effect as enhanced does not have to be encoded exactly as the effect is written, one need only supply the tag. (It has a few protection so removing tags like 'a' doesn't remove 'aa' and so on.)

Lastly, the next logical enhancement that I plan to undertake is to make REMOVE work with multiple tags. However, I suspect that this will need to be an effect all its own (e.g., REMOVETAGS: <tag1>, <tag2>, ...) in order to avoid fundamental parsing/pattern matching problems with the original feature. Any and all suggestions are greatly appreciated.

Thank you all for the excellent information!

P.S. the use of REMOVE: prone is awesome, too!

Extending the logic of this extension can lead to a lot of different things. Since I hijack the AddEffect function when the effect begins with 'REMOVE:', you can do anything afterwards that you want. You can also hijack for other remove tags if you want.

In my personal extension, I added the STACK: (along with a REMOVE: STACK: ) feature so that I could increment and decrement a number in front of an effect. Good for things like the Mirror Image spell.

Glad people are finding this as useful as I do.
    I never claimed to be sane. Besides, it's more fun this way.

Anyone using this with FGU?

Wonder if it's updated. I see some of the code used in other ext's but not sure if this was ever updated for FGU.

Quote Originally Posted by MrDDT View Post

Wonder if it's updated. I see some of the code used in other ext's but not sure if this was ever updated for FGU.
    Yes it works fine in FGU

Quote Originally Posted by MrDDT View Post

I'm using it in Unity without issue.
    For support with any of my extensions, visit my #mattekure-stuff channel on Rob2e's discord https://discord.gg/rob2e

Nick, can you update your ext to add the stack function in there? I could really use that. Thanks!

It was not updated for Unity, but the revised design was made to make it highly adaptable in anticipation for Unity (and other things). I'm glad to hear the design was successful and works fine.

I updated the extension with the code for the STACK: and REMOVE: STACK: functionality. I don't think it will break anything in Unity, but let me know if there is any trouble.
    I never claimed to be sane. Besides, it's more fun this way.

Hello.

I've tried to create an effect and a remove-effect on my hotbar to quickly add remove effects from players. I think it worked fine several years ago. Problem is, I can't make remove effect to work now:
    I have to 2lines on my hotbar:

Code:
       Dodge
       Remove: Dodge

When I drag the first one on my player's token (a horse in this example) I can see that the dodge effect applies to him properly and I see the following text in the chat window:

Code:
        Effect ['Dodge'] -> [to Riding Horse] [by Flint Loderr]

But when I try to drag a remove-effect, I see an error message and the effect doesn't remove:

Code:
        Effect ['REMOVE:Dodge'] -> [Not found on Riding Horse]

What am I doing wrong?
    Thanks in advance.
    Last edited by Shwartz; March 23rd, 2021 at 08:55.

Quote Originally Posted by Shwartz View Post
    when I try to drag a remove-effect, I see an error message and the effect doesn't remove
    You can't drag the effect to the player. It has to be activated from their character sheet.

With the latest FGU updates this extension is now broken. Is anyone working on fixing this extension?
    FGU Ultimate License
    FG Discord - Lord_Ulric
    Time Zone: US Eastern (GMT -5)
    Playing -
    Starfinder, D&D, Savage Worlds, Call of Cthulhu, Hero System aka Champions, Traveller, and more!
    My Forge Creations

Thread Information