DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 1 of 7 123 ... Last

5E Player Effect Removal Extension

This extension is compatible with the current version of FGC (and maybe FGU).
    5E Player Effect Removal Extension
    Version: 2.0
    Rulesets: 5E
    With help from: Trenloe
    Description: Via the use of a single effect tag REMOVE: this extension allows players to remove effects that have been applied by them to either their own PC or other creatures (friendly, neutral or hostile). If the player has applied the effect, they can remove that effect through the use of this extension.

v2.0 Update Notes
    • This extension uses a new design to minimize conflicts with other extensions and increase its resilience against FG updates.

Modification Specifics
    Modified:
    campaign/scripts/power_action.lua
    campaign/scripts/power_action_mini.lua

-- Remove Effect Tag --
    How to Use
    To remove an effect from yourself or another creature in the combat tracker, simply make an effect with the tag 'REMOVE: ' followed by the full name of the effect to be removed. For instance, to remove the 'Sneak Attack; DMG: 1d6' effect, you would make an effect called 'REMOVE: Sneak Attack; DMG: 1d6'. Then you just apply the removal effect to the target. A special button represents the removal effect and will appear once you have typed REMOVE. The effect is case sensitive so make sure the REMOVE: entry matches the effect application entry exactly - the best way to do this is to copy the effect line and paste into the REMOVE: entry.

NOTE: The creature with the effect must be targeted to remove it. If you are using effects with a target of "SELF" then the removal effect must also be set to "SELF".

How Does It Work
    The removal tag searches the target for an effect with the name indicated after the 'REMOVE:' and removes it.

The following screenshots show examples of how this is setup in the charsheet Actions tab and how the chat display shows the removal of the effect.

Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by Nickademus; December 1st, 2020 at 15:03.
    I never claimed to be sane. Besides, it's more fun this way.

Fantastic, thanks for the update!

Blog Entries
    I think you mean version 3.3.2, not 3.2.2...

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

We're on 3.3.2 already!? Far out...
    I never claimed to be sane. Besides, it's more fun this way.

I dropped the file in the extensions folder and launched FG. The extension doesn't show up in the list. The old version of this extension does show up in the list of extensions. Please advise.
    Last edited by Baron28; September 24th, 2017 at 15:45.
    Ultimate License Holder
    Timezone: UTC -6

DM: 1e Ruins of Adventure, Curse of the Azure Bonds
    DM: 5e Descent into Avernus
    D&D 1e to 5e adventures converted: Keep on the Borderlands, White Plume Mountain, Tomb of Horrors, Against the Giants, Descent into the Depths of the Earth, Shrine of the Kuo-Toa, Vault of the Drow, Queen of the Demon Web Pits
    Transitioning from D&D to DCC

May your dice rolls be ever in your favor.

Remove the old version.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

I loaded the extension and then ran the updater. I see the extension now. Thanks!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Baron28; September 24th, 2017 at 16:12.
    Ultimate License Holder
    Timezone: UTC -6

DM: 1e Ruins of Adventure, Curse of the Azure Bonds
    DM: 5e Descent into Avernus
    D&D 1e to 5e adventures converted: Keep on the Borderlands, White Plume Mountain, Tomb of Horrors, Against the Giants, Descent into the Depths of the Earth, Shrine of the Kuo-Toa, Vault of the Drow, Queen of the Demon Web Pits
    Transitioning from D&D to DCC

May your dice rolls be ever in your favor.

Blog Entries
    Nice.
    "I am a Canadian, free to speak without fear, free to worship in my own way, free to stand for what I think right, free to oppose what I believe wrong, or free to choose those who shall govern my country. This heritage of freedom I pledge to uphold for myself and all mankind."

- John Diefenbaker

RIP Canada, February 21, 2022

Sorry, this new forum appears to not be showing the files, so I can't download them, or have you stopped adding the files to the forums posts now?

Thread Information