DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 7 of 7 First ... 567
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by eporrini View Post
    As per this comment, is this really now part of core? Anyone know how that works?
    It actually doesn't need a "remove" effect. See: 5E Combat Tracker - Fantasy Grounds Customer Portal - Confluence (atlassian.net)
    Specifically:

• An icon next to the faction icon allows players to open an effects line showing the effects that they have placed on themselves or on others. Players can remove these effects by clicking twice on the red delete icon at the end of the line. Players cannot interact with effects that they have not placed themselves.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Vaall View Post
    Is it possible to update this extension (and add it to the forge) please?
    Nick hasn't posted on the forums since December 2020, so it's unlikely this extension will get updated or posted to the Forge. See my post above on steps to use the built in capabilities.

Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Quote Originally Posted by Vaall View Post
    Hey,

The error indicated by eporrini still exists. Despite this, the extension still works but displays this error message every time a spell/power or other that has a "REMOVE: XXX" effect opens.
    Is it possible to update this extension (and add it to the forge) please?

Thanking you,
    Sincerely,
    Vaal
    This extension is no longer required really since players can remove effects they have placed on themselves or other PCs or NPCs; and have been able to do so for some time.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Thanks for your quick responses.

I will point it out to my players to run it that way.

Quote Originally Posted by Zacchaeus View Post
    This extension is no longer required really since players can remove effects they have placed on themselves or other PCs or NPCs; and have been able to do so for some time.
    This is not fully true.

This EXT is still useful in limited cases.

I'm not sure if Vaall uses those cases but there are still there.

Hey,

I actually have two or three cases where the innate FGU method does not work.

For example :
    - Spare the dying: REMOVE: Unconscious.
    In this case, the PC cannot remove the Unconsicous effect because they were not the one who originally set it. But these are really unique cases where the GM can do it by hand.

Another advantage I found in this extension was the ease for a player to quickly remove an effect (just with one click for effects whose target is Self) and this in the same way as other effects.

Vaall

Blog Entries
    Understood. It has its uses, but it hasn't been supported by the dev for over 2 years. Hence why it now throws errors.

There might be other extensions in the Forge that handle things like the edge cases. I don't know. But I do know there are a lot of extensions that enhance the effects capabilities so it seems likely to me that there might be one.

Thread Information