STAR TREK 2d20
Page 3 of 17 First 1234513 ... Last
    Quote Originally Posted by BubbaGrim View Post
    When my players use this it sets the "visible to gm' tag rather than "visible to all", am I missing something?
    I tried to set it up if the item was identified it was not "DM only" but if it was ID'd everyone could see it. If you don't use the ID campaign setting I'm not sure what it will do actually now that I think about it. I'll review the code when I add the multiple effects/duration and see that it's working as intended.

My intent is it shows to player if identified, DM otherwise. The new version that'll come out should allow you to over-ride either also.
    ---
    Fantasy Grounds AD&D Reference Bundle, AD&D Adventure Bundle 1, AD&D Adventure Bundle 2
    Documentation for AD&D 2E ruleset.
    Custom Maps (I2, S4, T1-4, Barrowmaze,Lost City of Barakus)
    Note: Please do not message me directly on this site, post in the forums or ping me in FG's discord.

Updated version: 1.1

This version now has "multi-effect" option. Each effect has effect string, dice duration, mod-duration, unit and show/hide options.

Dice duration is something 5E might not use but I use it in AD&D so left it there. You can throw dice in there for a random duration. If you want a static duration you just put the number in the number/mod field.

Here is what it looks like now. I'm leaning towards removing the "Effect" string to left of all the entries to narrow things a bit but, let me know what ya think.

The first post has the lasted version as download now.
    ---
    Fantasy Grounds AD&D Reference Bundle, AD&D Adventure Bundle 1, AD&D Adventure Bundle 2
    Note: Please do not message me directly on this site, post in the forums or ping me in FG's discord.

Update: 1.3

Edits to effects of items on PCs in CT take affect immediately. If you have multiple on the same item they all get removed/added with update.
    ---

Blog Entries
    This keeps looking nicer and nicer. I really think this is a better approach that creating a separate power that needs to be applied. NPC and items should have permanent effects.

If an item is not identified yet, does the effect work?
    Ultimate License. Running Hyperborea and CoC. Asks lots of questions. Mgpotter.com. PureVPN is a tested solution to run games when traveling. https://billing.purevpn.com/aff.php?aff=33044

Quote Originally Posted by Myrdin Potter View Post
    This keeps looking nicer and nicer. I really think this is a better approach that creating a separate power that needs to be applied. NPC and items should have permanent effects.

If an item is not identified yet, does the effect work?
    It does but the effect is hidden from the user in the CT. If you select the "show" option it will show it to them even if it's not ID'd. There might be some other ways they can see it (like on attakcs/etc depending on the effect type) depending on how the 5E ruleset handles "hidden" effects in all it's rolls/display of said rolls/etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Myrdin Potter View Post
    "NPC and items should have permanent effects."
    I've already started creating objects for certain classes to carry to manage their class/racial items that have effects that would typically have to be manually setup each time they were placed into the CT.

In my ruleset I've applied effects to NPCs similarly to how I do items here. I'm actually going to go back and revamp them to have this multi-effect system I've setup on items here. As it is now it's really nice to have. I don't need to know the incantations to make a NPC be resistant to something and i'm not even sure it can handle the IFT style.
    Last edited by celestian; September 30th, 2017 at 02:44.
    ---

Update 1.4:

• Added effects to NPC entries (looks exactly the same as entry for items). Drag/drop a NPC to CT with a effect entry and the effect(s) will be applied in the combat tracker.
    • Changed name to Advanced Effects (since I now include the features for NPCs).

Here is a snap of it in action.

I'll tweak the load message to show "Advanced Effects" next rev
    ---

Germany CET time zone [GMT+1/Summer GMT+2]
    wonderful extension. Thank you for updating it! I swear I will use it a lot
    ---------------------------------------------------------
    The One who walks the woods.
    [Ultimate licence]

.~~~~.
    i====i_
    |cccc|_)
    |cccc|
    `-==-'

So, after doing this for items and npcs... I was thinking, why not do it for PCs? Initially I was planning to create objects for racial, class or other "effects" and then have the PC equipped them so they are added but... why not have it directly on the character sheet? Specially for class/race related.

I'm not sure where I'd put it on the sheet and it seems a bit more technical that most players could cope with so not sure about it yet.
    ---

Germany CET time zone [GMT+1/Summer GMT+2]
    would definitevly be a nice add I assume - I would opt for a yes
    The One who walks the woods.
    [Ultimate licence]

.~~~~.
    i====i_
    |cccc|_)
    |cccc|
    `-==-'

Blog Entries
    Players have a lot of ability to create and add effects to the characters with the built in tools. Items and NPC are a little more natural for this extension.

I am hoping that Moon Wizard looks at thhis and considers making it standard in core RPG based rulesets as it solves a lot of questions for items and NPC abilities and makes non parsed abilities much less manual.
    Ultimate License. Running Hyperborea and CoC. Asks lots of questions. Mgpotter.com. PureVPN is a tested solution to run games when traveling. https://billing.purevpn.com/aff.php?aff=33044

Thread Information