Starfinder Playlist
Page 15 of 17 First ... 51314151617 Last
    Quote Originally Posted by Zacchaeus View Post
    Indeed. Technically this could give an incorrect result if the character had an extended crit range. The actual effect in this case should only fire on a natural 20, but generally it won't make a huge difference.
    Hum, I've tried it placing "IFT:TYPE(orc);DMG: 4d3 necrotic,crit" on the PC and it's not triggering for me. I get the double the dice for crit damage on the "Orc" but not for the extra dmg.

I also tried just "DMG: 4d3 necrotic,crit" and still nothing.

I'm trying this w/o modules so I'm sure I'm missing something.
    ---
    Fantasy Grounds AD&D Reference Bundle, AD&D Adventure Bundle 1, AD&D Adventure Bundle 2
    Documentation for AD&D 2E ruleset.
    Custom Maps (I2, S4, T1-4, Barrowmaze,Lost City of Barakus)
    Note: Please do not message me directly on this site, post in the forums or ping me in FG's discord.

It is critical not crit
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Quote Originally Posted by Zacchaeus View Post
    It is critical not crit
    Heh, I shoulda tried that.

Okay, so if the user sets the weapon effect using Advanced Effects as "action-only" then it will only work for the weapon the effect is on. So no need to worry about other weapons getting the extra necrotic damage when they critical.

First weapon doesn't have the effect on it, the great sword does.

Thinks for pointing out this feature. I had no idea effects did this

This does get me thinking how simple it would probably be to add something like "HIT:15" and then look for that on ActionDamage and apply that effect so it could be any value.

No time to look at it right now tho.
    Last edited by celestian; June 3rd, 2018 at 23:21.
    ---
    Fantasy Grounds AD&D Reference Bundle, AD&D Adventure Bundle 1, AD&D Adventure Bundle 2
    Note: Please do not message me directly on this site, post in the forums or ping me in FG's discord.

Nice.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Would it be possible to have the effect apply to the target of the attack, similar to how spell targeting works?

Quote Originally Posted by xxXEliteXxx View Post
    Would it be possible to have the effect apply to the target of the attack, similar to how spell targeting works?
    Can you give us an example of what you mean? I'm not sure I understand the question.

If you mean what I think you mean you can't have an effect apply an effect.
    ---

I mean: would it be possible to have an item that would apply an effect to the target of an attack from that item/weapon? For example, a sword that causes ongoing damage to the target.

Kind of similar to how player spells/powers have 'self' and 'target' as the targeting options (as it currently stands, it's only possible for an item to apply an effect to the wielder of that item).
    Last edited by xxXEliteXxx; December 3rd, 2018 at 01:25.

I mean: would it be possible to have an item that would apply an effect to the target of an attack from that item/weapon? For example, a sword that causes ongoing damage to the target.

Kind of similar to how player spells/powers have 'self' and 'target' as the targeting options (as it currently stands, it's only possible for an item to apply an effect to the wielder of that item).
    Since the item is used by a player and the player can have the power in their combat tab it would be the same. Either that or I just don't know what you're trying to say.
    ---

Yeah, I guess it would be the same, but it would be nice if it could be automated. It can get annoying having to manually apply the effect to your target every time you attack them.

Isn't that a major part of this extension; Not having to manually apply an effect each time you equip/use an item?
    Last edited by xxXEliteXxx; December 3rd, 2018 at 01:56.

Thread Information