DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 1 of 3 123 Last

Crits and Fumbles (Skillls) Extension for 5E

Available free in the FG Forge: https://forge.fantasygrounds.com/shop/items/1232/view

How to use: Activate the "Crits and Fumbles (Skills)" extension and module for your 5E campaign.

There's an option to turn it on or off; it should be on by default.

When you roll a Skill check, if you roll a natural 1 or 20, this extension will make an additional roll on a table (from the CritsAndFumbles module) associated with that skill. The result is displayed in the chat window. This also applies to Concentration and Initiative checks. Note you must enable the "Crits and Fumbles" extension before loading your campaign, and activate the module (same name) after opening your campaign.

Thanks to Trenloe for helping me develop this!

A table for each skill (critical and fumble):

Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by jkeller; June 9th, 2023 at 21:28. Reason: added image

reserved...

This looks amazing. Would it be possible to add not just a 1 or 20 critical failure / success but a fail or succeed by 5 or more? really excited to try this next session.

Good idea! I think so. I'll need to figure out how to tell what the target number is, but I'm sure that's possible (for skills, anyway - not for Initiative or Concentration). Anyway, that's a good idea - I've seen some systems that do that. So far I've only tested this with 5E, but it would probably be pretty easy to get it working in other rulesets too.

Quote Originally Posted by jkeller View Post
    Good idea! I think so. I'll need to figure out how to tell what the target number is, but I'm sure that's possible (for skills, anyway - not for Initiative or Concentration). Anyway, that's a good idea - I've seen some systems that do that. So far I've only tested this with 5E, but it would probably be pretty easy to get it working in other rulesets too.
    For the 5e ruleset, the party sheet let's you set a dc. There is also the requested rolls extension, https://forge.fantasygrounds.com/shop/items/273/view

Hopefully this is helpful!

Oh, I had not seen that one, but it sounds great. Thanks for the tip!

Not working for me. Not getting an option under house rules and I double checked to make sure the mod was loaded. When I get time, I will create another campaign and load up my extensions one by one to see if there is a conflict.

Hey, not sure what I'm doing wrong. I downloaded it from Forge. The extension is on, though it says Crit and Fumble not Crit and Fumble (skills). I loaded the module and when i roll a crit it says table not found. I can see the table in my list. Also the option you show on forge to turn on the skill crits and fumbles isn't present. Any thoughts? The only thing I found online is it says the table must be called Critical Hit and Fumble. Your's is labeled Crits and Fumbles. I'm not sure though.

Hmm.... it's not working for me either at the moment. Sorry, I'm very new at this, but I'll figure it out and upload a new version as soon as I can!

Ok, I think it's working now. You'll need to Update. It should say version 0.2 (for the extension). You should see the option "on" under the House Rules section, and you should see an announcement in the chat log that it loaded.

If that's there, it should run. When a character rolls on the Skills tab, and gets a natural 1 or 20, it should try to roll on the associated table (e.g. "Skill Performance Critical"). If it doesn't find the table, that means the module has not been activated/loaded.

So far, all my testing has been done by double-clicking on the skill from the Skill panel on the character sheet, and the character is in the Combat Tracker. I don't know if that matters.

Oh - and the extension file is CritsAndFumbles.ext, but the label should be "Crits and Fumbles (Skills)".

And just in case it wasn't clear, this is for the 5E ruleset. It probably could be made to work in other rulesets if anyone would like me to try that.
    Last edited by jkeller; June 10th, 2023 at 01:23.

Thread Information