DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 5 of 5 First ... 345
    Also, to add, understand this is the oldest ruleset in the catalog. Many of the features of the ruleset will require more of a hands on approach than other more recent rulesets.
    Dominic Morta
    Ruleset Developer
    Smiteworks

How to zip up your campaign if the Developers ask for it-How to zip up your campaign if the Developers ask for it

How to provide an Unity Connection issue?-Connection Issues and What to Provide

Unity Updater issue?-Updater Issues

Classic and Unity Port Forwarding?-Fantasy Grounds Connections Explained

Comcast or Cox ISP User?-Comcast XFinity and Cox Users

Have a suggestion?-Idea Informer

Quote Originally Posted by peterb View Post
    Hello,

The armour points (AP) of a given piece of armour is never automatically deducted from incoming damage. That has to be done manually. So targeting doesn't make much sense in the BRP ruleset.

Also, if you don't enable the "use hit-locations" option, then there's no space allocated for storing armour information. You have to use the "Notes" text box on the "Notes" tab to keep track of armour data. If you do enable hit-locations, then you'll get an "Armor" tab where you can note what type of armour covers what hit-locations.

/Peter
    I must say that you a wrong there Peter.
    When you use hit-locations and use targeting the armor is used in calculating damage.

When you roll your damage the program automatically do a location roll to see where you hit and use the right AP value.

Armor.JPG
    "Baseball isn't just a game, it's a metaphor for life. We dress alike, we follow the rules, we run in circles, there are winners and losers, and suddenly it,s over." Bizarro

Quote Originally Posted by Stollesson View Post
    I must say that you a wrong there Peter.
    When you use hit-locations and use targeting the armor is used in calculating damage.

When you roll your damage the program automatically do a location roll to see where you hit and use the right AP value.

Armor.JPG
    Hmm, you are right. I haven't been using targeting in a long while, because I find it of very little practical use. I actually haven't seen this feature before.

I tested it and while it's a nice feature, it's still of little use, since you have consider the defenders action and take its effect in consideration before applying damage. The feature only makes sense if the defender fails his defensive action. And as Mac77 points out, the damage is not applied to the target.

/Peter

Thread Information