5E Product Walkthrough Playlist
Page 52 of 70 First ... 242505152535462 ... Last
    Hey Paul

Just wanted to point out, after the last FGU update, whenever I Full-Screen an image by pressing the arrow in the top right corner, it just begins to grow endlessly. I've checked a few other game systems and it's not happening there.

Odd, I haven't replaced any files regarding the images. I will look into this. Any extensions running?

I had two Extensions (Alternate Text and Imagebox) running, but I took them both off and tried it without. Just the 40K Ruleset appears to be having the issue for me and it's only just started since the last FGU update. This kind of problem I can very much see being a "my end" issue but I thought I'd mention it in case the latest update may have conflicted with something.

Ok, that one is weird. I will need to do some research on why this is happening. I don't grab or manipulate the image system for this ruleset. I will work on this one.

Yeah it is, I thought as much when it happened and spent ages trying to fix it on my end as I couldn't see why the Ruleset was causing this. Thanks mate, the effort is greatly appreciated.

New .pak file posted. Corrects the issue with the ever growing image panel.

Brilliant, much appreciated for the speedy fix.

A few things if you would indulge me;

1. I was using this ruleset and when I clicked in the reference guide this popped up:
    [10/5/2020 12:28:03 PM] [<color="red">ERROR</color>] Script execution error: [string "common/scripts/list_text.lua"]:46: attempt to index field '?' (a nil value)
    The Guide seems to be compiled however I'm not sure that this is saying...

2. For weapons which have say Tearing, can this be added to the actual item or only to the weapon on the character's sheet?

3. Armour; I'm trying to add armour but I can't seem to get the locations to work, also some of the armour (I'm doing DW specifically) has different values on different locations how should this be implemented?

Finally; i've watched both your vids on YouTube Paul, any chance of anymore? I know it's been a few years since those were uploaded but i found them quite useful

@Norge,

Tearing is added to individual weapons on the character sheet. When building the weapon library, you enter the weapon traits in the "Special" field as listed in the rule book. In this case Tearing. When a player drops the item into their inventory, they need to set the weapon up in the weapons details tab using the "special" field as a guide of what traits to add to the individual weapon. The many other weapon traits work similar to this.

Armour should be built in the items library and dropped onto the characters inventory. If the armour has varying protection values on different locations then multiple armour items should be made. Their are specific ways the "Protects" field must be written for the automation to work. The combinations are:
    (this will add the armour value to all hit locations)
    "All"
    (these will add the armour value to only that specific hit location)
    "Body"
    "Arms"
    "Head"
    "Legs"
    (these will add the armour value to the specified hit locations)
    "Arms, Body"
    "Arms, Body, Legs"

As far as videos I haven't returned to them. If more are needed I could do more. What sort of videos would be helpful?

@Norge,

Do you have any extensions running? Have you set all the options to DW (or the way you desire the game to play), and then created characters? I haven't been able to recreate the error. If you can screen shot your game table and the error that may help.

Thread Information