5E Product Walkthrough Playlist
Page 47 of 70 First ... 37454647484957 ... Last
    Thank you once again for your support Paul
    Stay Safe friend
    Religion is an insult to human dignity.
    With or without it you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things.
    But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion...

Absolutely love this ruleset, been a huge lifesaver for me and my group in terms of automation.

One question however, in the Deathwatch Ruleset, it states that a Chainfist/Powerfist only increases the multiplication of Unnatural Strength by one step (X2 to X3) but when I have a character with Unnatural Strength using an item ticked with the Powerfist Weapon type, it doubles it (to X4). Is this intentional?

Thanks again for all your work, absolutely brilliant.

Can I get more information? What are the numbers in the roll?

For instance when I test: I have checked that I am using Deathwatch Unnatural Characteristics rules in the rules option button. Set up a Space Marine with 44 STR and made sure the unnatural characteristic is set to 2 to represent 1 level of Unnatural Strength (default is 1 for DW). I have effects set with STR:20 ;STRB:2 (representing the bonus for power armor). Made a power-fist using 2d10 as damage and checked the power fist button.

When I roll the damage the modifier is total +14. Base 4 then x 2 for Unnatural, Power fist +1 step (or x3) for 12, then Bonus from effect +2, for a total of 14.
    Last edited by Paul Pratt; June 28th, 2020 at 20:53.

I did a Marine without Power Armour just for the ease of less modifiers:

Strength 40
    Unnatural Strength set to 2 for a total SB of 8
    That means that a Power Fist should have a total damage modifier of 12 (SB*3) as the Power Fist only increases the Unnatural Characteristic by one step.

Instead it's providing me with a Damage Bonus of 16 which would be SB*4 which means that the Power Fist is doubling the Unnatural Bonus as opposed to increasing it by one step.

I might be inputting something terribly wrong here but I can't see it for the life of me.

@jakeyblob, no it's actually not quadrupled, it is figuring Base 4 x 2 for 8. Power fist x2 for 16. It was taking the entire base and doubling. What's funny is that was a very old calculation error I had, was a year ago. I must have bundled something terribly wrong this last update.

I posted a new .pak. It has the right files. Let me know. For Deathwatch with a Space Marine STR 40-49 and Unnatural STR to 2 you will have 12. With Power Armor on 14. **Note for power armor use a persistent gear effect -> Persistent: STR:20 ; STRB:2

If this was Black Crusade it would work out as STR 40-49 Unnatural STR 4 for base +8, Power fist x 2 for 16 +2 for the Power Armor totaling +18.

It's working perfectly mate, thanks so much. The support you give for this Ruleset is amazing to be honest.

Blog Entries
    @PaulPratt,
    I am starting to ask all community developers to consider making an explicit licensing statement on their work. It helps future community developers honor your wishes in regards to your work. Their is a discussion and some suggested licensing statements here; On Licensing & Distributing Community Content. Thanks for your contribution and for considering adding a licensing statement to your original post

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Any chance you can tell me please why there are 4 advances ticks for characteristics on DH2 XP tab while the character sheet from rulebook has 5? Have I missed some trick?

Also is there any way to edit the default skill list so I can add a description?

Thanks

@Agharti, there are only 4 advance ticks for DH2 since the other 5 games only use 4. The ruleset isn't specific, so I had some things that won't be quite perfect. The last advance we modified the base score to make the stat correct, and just made a note in the notes section.

The description for skills are in the shortcuts. You need to build a skill library module, then drop your links from that module on the skill. I couldn't include anything like that due to copyright.

is there anywhere I can edit those skills so I won't have to drag and link on every character? I have built my skill library and works fine with advanced skills which you have to drag and drop individually but I wonder if anything can be done about the default ones.

Thread Information