5E Character Create Playlist
Page 31 of 70 First ... 21293031323341 ... Last
    I have created some weapons, but I cant drop them into an NPCs combat area, is that right? They drop onto players ok. The NPC is unlocked. When you click on the combat aea it just creates a blank weapon entry.?

I can contribute here and work on the buttons
    Have to look for something that is in the public domain with the appropriate Gothic style and yet readable
    The past is a rudder to guide us, not an anchor to hold us back.

We have set up some characters and I am having trouble getting consistant 'Location" results, sometimes it works and sometimes it doesnt. Eg the attached picture.

Combat error.png

It seems to work for the GM rolling from the players sheet sometimes, but not if the player rolls it.

Another funny thing is that the GM version of players sheet does not show the damage bonus, but the player version does. The damage rolls are different also.

combat error 2.png

...the weapon sheet was created on the GM side, pasted into the player sheet for them to use...
    Last edited by flynnkd; May 15th, 2019 at 12:28.

flynnkd,

Error #1 I can not recreate. I tested from player side on several characters all reported correct. Only thing I can think was the targeting from players side may have been cleared.

Error #2 is a good catch. Thanks. I will get this corrected and posted as soon as I can. For now, make sure the players edit the damage bonus and Pen. "Pen" is also not transferred.

** Found the issue with error#2. It is based on ID'd non-ID'd weapons. If they are shared without toggling the ID button it hides damage bonus and pen. That was a hold over for "found" weapons that needed to be ID'd. I will change this behavior.
    Last edited by Paul Pratt; May 15th, 2019 at 16:09.

Just bumping this... is it correct that you can't drop Items into an NPC? Like a gun into the combat area?

NPC in the Combat Tracker dont get an attack line? You have to open their sheet and use their Combat tab?

Quote Originally Posted by flynnkd View Post
    Just bumping this... is it correct that you can't drop Items into an NPC? Like a gun into the combat area?

NPC in the Combat Tracker dont get an attack line? You have to open their sheet and use their Combat tab?
    Correct on the attack line, you need to operate from the sheets (at least, I've never figured out any other way)
    However dropping items has always worked for me as follows

https://puu.sh/DvDKI/b5a2102edf.gif

doh, drop into equipment, not into combat...

I have looked into the attack line for NPCs in the past. Since the sheets design is a list of weapons, would I link the first weapon? All the weapons? I left it attack from the sheet because I never found a way that didn't turn the CT into a large mess.

Any thoughts?

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Pratt View Post
    I have looked into the attack line for NPCs in the past. Since the sheets design is a list of weapons, would I link the first weapon? All the weapons? I left it attack from the sheet because I never found a way that didn't turn the CT into a large mess.

Any thoughts?
    What about check boxes that are limited to selecting 1(or perhaps 2? 1 melee 1 range) that you can highlight, and those are added to combat tracker line when dropped? That way you can use their main weapons, and special stuff you can refer to sheet beyond?
    I don't know, I'm not hugely bothered myself because I'm used to using the sheets and having them open anyway so doesn't leap out as me as hugely necessary but can see why others might.

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Pratt View Post

Any thoughts?
    I'm used to them being there. With NPCs I wouldn't expect many weapons (new to Rogue Trader so maybe not?) to be listed. I tend to work one NPC at a time, so only their 'weapon set' needs to be expanded at anytime, not all of them... in fact that would be a nice option, to explode the NPC in focus and collapse it after you leave them.

We had our first session last night and it was interesting. My players did complain about the dice fields being very small (attack dice, damage dice etc). I realise they are small for screen space reasons...

We noted COVERL only covers legs, not body. I recall a post somewhere about that, or some extra cover class... but the doco still says Legs&Body. And the COVER value didn't seem to decrease if damage exceeded the cover armour value, only after it exceeded ALL armour values?

There is a module called 5e Combat Extender... it has some nice CT/Token features... like making the active token more visible (not just the white ring), making the token you click on highlight in the CT etc... if you are sitting around with nothing to do in your life...

Thank you for all the work you have done.

Thread Information