DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 13 of 70 First ... 311121314152363 ... Last
    Wow, this is super weird. I not only don't have image box but the transparency bug is still there.

I am using the latest version of your files and also the updated FG to version .5 that came out few days ago. Is there anything I can do to reset things, clean some cache or anything?
    The past is a rudder to guide us, not an anchor to hold us back.

@Valyar, OK, try downloading the extension again. I think the version I posted was packed up incorrectly. Let me know.

There is no bug, it's simply how I made the base frame work. The extension replaces the base frame. The image you posted has no frame at all! That tells me the version of the extension I posted has an issue. Works for me, on my end, because I have a slightly different version of the extension as I developed it.
    Last edited by Paul Pratt; April 22nd, 2018 at 15:41.

Now it is perfect!!!

I thank you so much for this ad-hoc extension!
    Attached Images Attached Images

Good deal! Glad it works as you wanted. I think you brought up a good point and the extension may be needed by several users. Without tons of screen real estate, the transparency would make using maps that much harder.

I found the need when I was running two combats in parallel but on different maps for the characters (the group had to split up). I have 1920x1200 but still the maps I use are big and the players are enjoying to watch what is going on with the other group. Then one of them said that they can't stack and change maps due to this.

Maybe if it is technically possible to put this extension in the main ruleset and get a switch in the option that turns the transparency on/off. I am still too new to the modding in FG to know if this is realistic.

Hi Paul,

• What is the formula that calculates the Degrees of Success for Dark Heresy v2 ruleset? (We had a session that was entirely in FG to test the automation and noticed that sometimes the DoS are one more or less compared to what is supposed to be. I tried to read the code but I am not fluent in LUA and not familiar with the logic inside the ruleset yet.)
    • Do you think it is worth adding separate category in the Library for the Traits?
    • Resizable PC/NPC sheets would be awesome addition.

I also started working on some modules for Skills. I see that if i add a Skill in the Library section of the skill, the item is not the same as the Skill that is in the PC/NPC character sheet. I don't see a way to automatically map the skill name in the PC/NPC sheet to the skills in the Library without replacing all Links ("I" icons), which is tedious. Also the skill's box content is different between each PC, so there is no point to set it at all on sheet level. Am I missing something here?
    Last edited by Valyar; May 12th, 2018 at 15:37. Reason: adding questions

@Valyar, Do you have any examples of the degrees of success being off? Screen shots of those rolls? Could be a specific result or results that have rounding issues.

Traits... I thought about a library category for them, but there are Traits, Space Marine Traits, NPC Traits, etc.. There are several uses based on the system.
    Looking at serving all 6 games I decided to leave them, plus corruption, mental trauma, etc. all wrapped up into the Data section.

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Pratt View Post
    @Valyar, Do you have any examples of the degrees of success being off? Screen shots of those rolls? Could be a specific result or results that have rounding issues.

Traits... I thought about a library category for them, but there are Traits, Space Marine Traits, NPC Traits, etc.. There are several uses based on the system.
    Looking at serving all 6 games I decided to leave them, plus corruption, mental trauma, etc. all wrapped up into the Data section.
    Can you share some screenshots of how you organized your data and the major categories? I am considering moving part of it from Realm Works as modules so I can make FG the main VTT and still experiment with the formats. Looking for hints, indeas and inspiration, so I don't re-invent the wheel.

For example I outlined the following major data i should put into FG to speed up the play. Where and how you think those best are to be mapped to the framework of the ruleset?

• Home Worlds
    • Backgrounds
    • Roles
    • Elite Advances
    • Gear (Weapons/Protective/Tools and etc)
    • Skills List > Skills library
    • Talents List > Talents library
    • Traits
    • Psychic Powers > PS1 or 2
    • Modifiers/Effects
    • Some rules articles for quick reference as fear, insanity, damnation, psychic powers and combat.

Is the issue with the skills (opening separate instance of each skill per PC/NPC sheet) due to the fact that the Link is not pointing by default to a object in Skills? Do you modify the link for your players or just leave those blank for example?

@Valyar,

First, thanks for pointing out the issue with degrees of success. I went in and made 100's of rolls and saw the issue. The issue is fixed. Frankly, wasn't a fix, I had forgotten to swap out some files from earlier versions. I will post the new .pak after I fix another issue with effects.

Home Worlds, backgrounds, roles, traits -- all these should be in the Data Library. They can be organized there using the dropdown menu for categories.
    Skills have a library, talents have a library, psychic powers have libraries, and gear have a library.
    Modifiers/Effects each have a menu to build lists for the mod/effects you wish to prebuild.
    For rules references you can use notes to build the entries you want and export that as a module for reference.

**Note, if there is a list that has links, create a new item and click the link. The window that opens will have the reference library it can accept drops from listed. Example, create a home world item on a PC sheet. The reference window that opens is a Data Reference. If you prebuild all your home world links in the data library, then players will be able to drop them on that list.

I am not sure I understand the issue with skills. Each link is a separate object per NPC/PC. If the link originates from the Skills library it is copied to the PC/NPC sheet. If the Skills library is updated, then the PC sheet will need to be updated manually to reflect.
    I had them at one point, all pointing to the same reference, but if a PC modifies the entry then it is modified for everyone. I could make it read only, but that limited functionality for players. That was the feed back I had during play testing. So, I went with each PC/NPC having a copy of that is there own.

Screen of my Data section in my test campaign.
    screenshot0002.png

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Pratt View Post
    I am not sure I understand the issue with skills. Each link is a separate object per NPC/PC. If the link originates from the Skills library it is copied to the PC/NPC sheet. If the Skills library is updated, then the PC sheet will need to be updated manually to reflect.
    I had them at one point, all pointing to the same reference, but if a PC modifies the entry then it is modified for everyone. I could make it read only, but that limited functionality for players. That was the feed back I had during play testing. So, I went with each PC/NPC having a copy of that is there own.
    Allow me to withdraw the word "issue" I used in my previous post. It is not an issue, but question on how the functionality in PC/NPC Skill section is designed. I suspected this is the case, you explained it quite clearly and the rationale behind. I don't think it is too much of a hassle for PCs to swap links once. NPCs ... who cares anyway, I just need to roll on the list

Thank you for finding time to check the DoS/F case and sharing the "best practices" on the ruleset. I still can't believe there is such good piece of work related to my main roleplaying system.

Do you have plans for future enhancements or plan to work on "Wrath & Glody" one after it is out later this year?

Thread Information