FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 54 of 70 First ... 444525354555664 ... Last
    How do recent updates to FG Unity affect the modules and incompatibility among players? Is there a way to tell us if we should update or not?

There are no modules for 40k that would be effected. Incompatibility is to simply update. All players need to run the same version due to the networking changes.

There are some issues introduced with 3.3.12 as previous posts have pointed out. I am working thru these changes to get this ruleset updated as quickly as possible.

Update: 11/9/20
    1. Well, the Notes issue has me baffled. I really don't see how the list is shared but other lists are not. They follow the same format. I am in the process of converting the sheet and renaming the data points to see if it is conflicting with a very old pc notes system. I will report when it is finished. Just a warning, start now. If you keep a lot of notes, when this updates they will be lost, write them down so you can transfer, the database will change.
    2. The Encounter bug in Unity. I need to do more research, with my latest updates it works in FGC, but not FGU. For now, you will have to add to the CT manually, they do drop to the CT. I know part of the issue is the way CoreRPG has vehicles implemented. I have a bit of a work around but it can be confusing. I need to remove the Core RPG version of vehicles for this to work again. Getting it to work in FGU will take some effort. This may be slower than I would like it to be. So, hang in there I am not walking away.

Those are the two issues I am currently tracking. Are there any others? I don't think either break the game, but do hinder, so I will work as quickly as I can.

New .pak file uploaded. Fixed NPC notes being a shared list across campaign characters. Notes are now character only. **Note: Any old campaigns, the PC notes will be wiped. Before updating copy those notes!
    Fixed encounter bug, Ships, hordes, and vehicles can be added once again.
    Updated for FGC 3.3.12 and FGU 4.01

Hero!
    The past is a rudder to guide us, not an anchor to hold us back.

I have made a module for the entirety of Only War on FGC, and recently made the move to FGU.
    I have run into an issue finding Vehicles. They are present in FGC, and I export them, but they do not show up in the lists on FGU, and opening the libray module Vehicles is an empty window too.
    https://puu.sh/GRHFh/921b40a77c.jpg

This is using the most recent PAK too.

Edit: so after going back to FGC a couple of times, it appears to be no longer showing vehicles in FGC either. Somehow the files must have gotten corrupted??
    I can see them in the db.xml but not showing up now in FGC OR FGU.
    Halp
    Last edited by spite; November 27th, 2020 at 05:56.

Spite, this is an issue with FGU -FGC compatibility.

I know exactly what you are experiencing here. Since CoreRPG added Vehicles, it interferes with DH vehicles. I tried a few work arounds, I can get it working fine in FGC, not FGU. I have also created versions where you had two Vehicle library buttons! That was confusing. I went with a new implementation that I thought would work for most user modules.

Currently for the library to work, the data needs to point at "vehicles" and not "vehicle". It could also point at "reference.vehicles" and "referencevehicles", these remain for support of some other players who have made modules. In your module db, can you edit vehicle to vehicles? If so, that should correct it.

Just chiming in to say - I appreciate this ruleset more and more. Running a Dark Heresy 2e game with an Only War Squad that gets sent out to do errands for the Inquisitors as wet workers and this ruleset just makes that a breeze.

@spite - Thank you for the kind words.

Hi Paul

Not sure if this is a bug or I am doing something wrong but as recommended I have made a list of all the skills with their full description for my group. I have removed auto-generated skills in the character sheet and dragged all the ones that I have fully populated. Works fine but after some time it looks like it is being overwritten by the default with no description. Any advances stay as they are but the skills are back to what is there as default. Is it something that I am doing wrong?

Also trying to use the cover field in the combat tracker but it seems to be not affecting damage rolls. Regardless of what value I put there damage roll is taking only toughness and armour value into consideration.

On a side note. it is wesome mod, took me a while to give it full try but so far I am really enjoying it. Thanks for all the hard work.

Edit: Got cover working, you can ignore this part .
    Last edited by Agharti; December 27th, 2020 at 17:33.

Thread Information