Starfinder Playlist
Page 65 of 70 First ... 15556364656667 ... Last
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul Pratt View Post
    @Balzepho,

There is a link to a few youtube videos in the first post of this thread. They cover how to use the character sheet and will help you learn the ruleset. It is a bit complicated and with a few quirks since it incorporates 6 rulesets into one.

Regarding the talents, they are not pre-filled. Most things are not prefilled, there are no data books for the ruleset since that would be a copy right violation. Things need to be input manually.
    Unfortunately this video does not at all show how to make a new character, only how to edit existing ones (it pulls up existing sheets). My entire group is also having issues even seeing a create character option, from either the Player or GM perspective. Even if it is a bit of a simple question, would you mind clarifying how to do this for Rogue Trader? Thanks in advance for your time!
    Characters Menu.PNG
    When is a door not a door?
    When it's ajar?

Nice try, nope! It's a mimic, roll for initiative!

Are you using the 40k Multiruleset? The PNG linked is not the graphics that come with the ruleset. If you are using the old Rogue Trader, that is a dead ruleset and will probably not run in FGU/FGC.

For the 40k Multiruleset:
    When creating a character, it is the standard procedure as in most rulesets, use the sidebar menu button "Characters". That will open the Character Selection Window. Right click in the empty field and chose "create item". This will create a new character sheet to edit. The video and manual go over selecting the game options and using the text cycler to cycle the character sheet to the correct ruleset you are using.

Sorry for the stupid question but this still works for normal version of FG?
    Thanks
    Religion is an insult to human dignity.
    With or without it you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things.
    But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion...

It should work for FGC. I didn't try it with the last updates, but it should.

[removed]
    Last edited by t3xx3r; July 19th, 2022 at 00:57.

Paul, I have revised the logs in my previous post. Here's the more complex log for you to take a look at for the ruleset.

The problem seems to be the loading process. When I enter the ruleset, basically it throws all kinds of errors like crazy. Then as I click the next option on the first window you see such as options, modules, currency, language, etc., the screen with the console errors starts to scroll and refer to the buttons that I pressed. Then when I start tinkering with the character sheet, and other stuff, it seems like there aren't any errors as far as I know.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by t3xx3r; July 19th, 2022 at 01:01.

FGU was updated and the ruleset wasn't. Look at the first post. I have uploaded a new .pak that should correct this.

- @t3xx3r the extentions you run may cause errors too. Do not use the Alt SideBar Images. I have removed the extention. It is no longer compatible. I am not sure if Fen's NPC portraits extention works with 40k, it may cause errors as well.

After an update to FGU, run the ruleset without any extentions loaded and see if there are errors. Add your extentions back one at a time, if there are errors, then it was the last loaded extention.

**With the latest update this ruleset will only work with FGU.

I downloaded that .pak file. I updated just yesterday and the errors vanished. I will make sure to delete the alt images and ensure that the 40K Multiset works. If there's any problems, I'll post here. Of course, it won't be extension related; I will be doing as you suggested: check each extension per loading.

EDIT: I fixed the errors by deleting all the appropriate files and inserting the files I downloaded from your page. No errors detected. I apologize in advance.

EDIT: after screwing around in W40K Multiruleset, I have errors throwing up (with no extensions added) where the NPCs, the Ships or Vehicles are brought up. The errors show up before I begin to input in Ships, Vehicles, and NPCs. The Ships tab, when creating a new ship, are missing certain things. I believe it wasn't tracking their multiple stuff on the main page. Log included.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by t3xx3r; July 25th, 2022 at 03:01.

@t3xx3r,

Thanks for the report. Looks like I need to go update a few things from this last FGU update. I will post back an update to the ruleset.

Thread Information