DICE PACKS BUNDLE

FG crashing after sharing maps

Hello everyone, I DMing for some 10-15 sessions for a STK dnd5e and since last week, all my players are having trouble to connect or crashings during the session, specially if I share a new image or map.
    Does anyone knows this issues?

Memory problems? Too large a map? Too many tokens?

Not enough info to diagnose.

Blog Entries
    Let us know everything you have shared, but honestly sharing too much is almost always the cause of the players crashing. Especially large images. If you have battlemaps from previous encounters, unshare them once the encounter is over. Don't share GM modules at all. Too many tokens in your /shared/ folder is always bad because tokens get loaded into memory whether they are being used or not.

Quote Originally Posted by Talyn View Post
    Let us know everything you have shared, but honestly sharing too much is almost always the cause of the players crashing. Especially large images. If you have battlemaps from previous encounters, unshare them once the encounter is over. Don't share GM modules at all. Too many tokens in your /shared/ folder is always bad because tokens get loaded into memory whether they are being used or not.
    Ok, but a noob question, how od I unshare? I already shared more than 20 maps...

On the list of images, there is a "P" within a circle (or "S" if only shared with a few players). Click on the "P" or "S" and it will un-share it.

Blog Entries
    Also as best practice when you create/add your own images and maps, keep them to less than 1mb file size and less than 2048x2048 in pixel size.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Quote Originally Posted by Andraax View Post
    On the list of images, there is a "P" within a circle (or "S" if only shared with a few players). Click on the "P" or "S" and it will un-share it.
    nice, thx!

Thread Information