5E Character Create Playlist

5e: Two-weapon fighting

Hi folks. I'm so sorry if this has already been dealt with elsewhere. I'm new to FG and have just recently purchased it on Steam.

My question is, I'm creating a fighter character who has the two-weapon fighting style. It just comes up as 'Fighting Style' in features but I'm not sure how I incorporate this feature into my FG game?

Any guidance would be appreciated.

Many thanks,

RK.

I'm new to 5e too, recently moved from 2nd Edition AD&D. I love the new rules, but still a bit confused by them.

You should be fine by just dropping the main hand/off-hand weapons on your character sheet as they should default to the correct damage.

Actions.png

I would also add text to the end of "Fighting Style" just in case someone else needs to run your character/etc.

Abilities.png

Eru

Hi, thanks.

Still trying to get over the whole thing where there aren't any huge penalties 'to hit' for dual wielding (at least as far as I can see) in 5E. In 2nd Edition, the penalties were huge.

Am I right in thinking that there are no penalties to attack roll when dual wielding in 5E? Only to damage? And it uses up any bonus attack for that turn? And for fighters who take two weapon fighting style, they get their full damage bonus for Str (or Dex)?

You are correct, just make sure the off-hand is light unless you get the Dual Wielder feat so you can use non-light.

Ok, got it. Thank you for your time Eru.

The principle penalty for dual weilding is that it uses your bonus action and you are restricted in weapon choice unless you take the feat as Ertu says. Taking a feat can also be regarded as a penalty since you are taking that over increasing stats. With 5e being designed around bounded accuracy there's not so much need for massive penalties as in previous editions where once you got to a certain level it was impossible to miss.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Quote Originally Posted by Zacchaeus View Post
    The principle penalty for dual weilding is that it uses your bonus action and you are restricted in weapon choice unless you take the feat as Ertu says. Taking a feat can also be regarded as a penalty since you are taking that over increasing stats. With 5e being designed around bounded accuracy there's not so much need for massive penalties as in previous editions where once you got to a certain level it was impossible to miss.
    Thanks Zacchaeus. 5E is a bit of a learning curve, at least when graduating (as I have) from 2nd Ed. If it helps anybody else, I Googled the term 'bounded accuracy' and got this:- https://olddungeonmaster.wordpress.c...nded-accuracy/

Goes some way to explaining the design philosophy behind 5E. I really like the 5E rules.

Thanks all for the replies, they have helped.

Thread Information