Starfinder Playlist
Page 1 of 6 123 ... Last

Steam purchases not linking to FG account or showing up in FG

Just as the post says, I purchased a few DLCs for my FG on steam and none of them activate. I purchased the Advanced Beastiary for PFRPG and 3.5, d20 modern SRD, and a couple token packs but nothing shows up. I have already linked my steam account to my FG account and clicked refresh to try and fix it, I have checked the various libraries to activate the content, and d20 modern doesnt even show up as a useable ruleset when i start a new campaign. So, I have no other ideas. The only thing I havent tried is going into Settings and clicking Check Steam for DLC because that button doesnt seem to even exist anymore. Does anyone else have any ideas?

steam.PNG

fg1.PNG

Welcome to the forums Akrilove

Make sure you've linked your Steam account with your Fantasy Grounds account.

Go to the "Settings" button on the main FG launch screen:
    1. click "Manage" in the Purchases section
    2. fill out your FG user name and password and click "Login" (make sure you get a successful login message)
    3. then click the "Link Steam Purchases" button which opens a "Steam Account Synchronization" web page - go through the account synchronization.
    4. Finally, press OK on "Fantasy Grounds Account" popup within the FG application (opened earlier), click "OK" in the Settings window and then perform an update.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Quote Originally Posted by Trenloe View Post
    Welcome to the forums Akrilove

Make sure you've linked your Steam account with your Fantasy Grounds account.

Go to the "Settings" button on the main FG launch screen:
    1. click "Manage" in the Purchases section
    2. fill out your FG user name and password and click "Login" (make sure you get a successful login message)
    3. then click the "Link Steam Purchases" button which opens a "Steam Account Synchronization" web page - go through the account synchronization.
    4. Finally, press OK on "Fantasy Grounds Account" popup within the FG application (opened earlier), click "OK" in the Settings window and then perform an update.
    Yup. Ive done that. Done all of that. I also clicked on the force refresh button on the linked account page when that didnt work to try and force it. Still nothing.

Could you try it again please - steps 1, 2 and 4 - making sure you run a Fantasy Grounds update to download the products you own. There have been reports of the FG account sometimes not linking correctly - make sure when adding your Fantasy Grounds account login information, after clicking the login button that a "Login Successful. Credentials Saved." message appears. Then run the FG update.

Also check that the top right of the main Fantasy Grounds launch screen doesn't show v3.3.1 FREE.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Quote Originally Posted by Trenloe View Post
    Could you try it again please - steps 1, 2 and 4 - making sure you run a Fantasy Grounds update to download the products you own. There have been reports of the FG account sometimes not linking correctly - make sure when adding your Fantasy Grounds account login information, after clicking the login button that a "Login Successful. Credentials Saved." message appears. Then run the FG update.

Also check that the top right of the main Fantasy Grounds launch screen doesn't show v3.3.1 FREE.
    Well it took like another dozen tries, but it finally worked. No idea what went wrong. Thanks for the help though.

I am having the same issue only more. I have done the steps above and still the update finishes like I never bought anything. Also when I check for updates and it finishes it opens a new Fantasy Grounds window and the old one crashes. This also happens when I open the settings menu. Not to mention when I close out of Fantasy Grounds it is still running in steam. I have to manually Ctr-Alt delete and end task. I say all this other stuff because I believe it may be related.
    *edit
    ok so I figured out what I was doing wrong about the purchases part after clicking link steam account I assumed I was done. but apparently you have to click on something else. The other problem however still persists, but I suppose this isn't the place for that question.
    Last edited by sevrick; December 16th, 2017 at 00:26.

Can you just go through what the other problem is because it isn’t clear exactly what that is.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Problem 1: Every time I close Fantasy Grounds it still shows it running in steam. Only after using Ctr-Alt delete to end the task manually does it close.
    Problem 2: When after opening Fantasy Grounds and click settings and try to close the settings window it opens a new instance of Fantasy Grounds. The old instance of Fantasy Grounds doesn't respond and I have to close it. The same thing happens when I try to update. The update goes through like it should but when it's done the same thing happens.

Can you try running FG outside of Steam from the Windows Start menu? Does it do the same thing?
    Are you running on Windows or Mac?

It almost sounds like 2 installations, but not sure. It might be worth doing an uninstall/reinstall.

Regards,
    JPG

Quote Originally Posted by Moon Wizard View Post
    Can you try running FG outside of Steam from the Windows Start menu? Does it do the same thing?
    Are you running on Windows or Mac?

It almost sounds like 2 installations, but not sure. It might be worth doing an uninstall/reinstall.

Regards,
    JPG
    So I just tested it. It still does it when running it without steam.
    I am running windows 10

I have already uninstalled it and reinstalled it. It didn't work.

Thread Information