DICE PACKS BUNDLE

Thread: DR Exceptions

DR Exceptions

I cannot get DR to work in 3.5E at all. More specifically, it works ALL THE TIME!
    Example:

Baddie
    DR: 5/magic

Should provide DR 5 unless damage type is magic

PC
    1d8+5 magic and piercing

Even though PC shows magic damage delivered the DR still takes effect. It appears that whether it is DR: 5/magic or DR: 5 magic it always ignores what is supposed to bypass the DR.
    ???

According to the Wiki the effect should be DR: 5, magic. Might be you are missing the comma.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Please provide a screenshot of the issue. Showing the combat tracker with the DR effect present, he weapon entry in the N/PC making the damage roll, and the resulting damage roll in the chat window.

EDIT: but first check that the damage type on the attacking weapon is magic, piercing. DR on the target should be DR: 5 magic
    Last edited by Trenloe; September 13th, 2017 at 15:13.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Further examples of how to set up DR and weapon damage types in 3.5E here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...ffect-Question
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Thread Information