DICE PACKS BUNDLE

ToA Meat Grinder mode

What's everyone doing for this effect option in FG. Is there an effect people are using to make this work? Fully realize you can manually figure out and remove saves that should be deaths, but looking for an automated option if it exists.
    FG Ultimate License
    Time Zone: US Eastern (GMT -5)

There isn't an effect which will alter the death saving throw, so you would have to calculate it manually. I suppose the easiest way would be to give disadvantage on the save (for which there is an effect). If I understand the bounded accuracy correctly this would approximate to to a 5 point difference which would effectively make the death save 15 instead of 10.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

It should be the case that an effect of
    Code:
    Meat Grinder; SAVE: -5, death
    should achieve the effect desired however as FG is currently coded any modified death save of 1 or less is treated as a critical failure instead of only natural 1s. As such if you use this effect the automation will turn any 2-6 roll into a crit fail. This behavior is a bug. If this should be fixed by changing manager_action_damage.lua, in the onDeathRoll() function, line 488 "if nTotal <= 1 then" to "if nFirstDie == 1 then" in a future update then the above effect should work perfectly for Meat Grinder. If anyone else has a solution I'd like to see it.

Deleted.
    Last edited by JustinFreitas; September 12th, 2017 at 22:02.

The bug regarding critical failure has been fixed in the current test version which should go live within the next few days. I wasn't aware that you could apply a modifier to a death save. I must remember to add that to the Wiki sometime.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

if you use the -5 can you still get a 20 for the Instant 1hp option?
    FG Ultimate License
    Time Zone: US Eastern (GMT -5)

Yes, that works correctly. The bug is only with the natural 1 case. -J

Thread Information