5E Product Walkthrough Playlist

Thread: Prepared spells

Prepared spells

Hello.
    I´m creating a cleric lvl1 and never played a cleric before. At the start of the game,are the spells prepared or need to do a first long rest?

You start with your spells prepared. It's assumed that before you started your adventuring career you had a good night's sleep
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Thanks.What is the function of that tick next to every spell on the left?

clericsheet.png

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Manolo Warrior View Post
    Thanks.What is the function of that tick next to every spell on the left?
    That indicates that the spell is prepared. See the wiki article; https://www.fantasygrounds.com/wiki/...haracter_Sheet

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Blog Entries
    I personally find this a little confusing. As I recall, if you want the 'Combat' mode to work so that only your prepared spells show, you need to enter a number >0 for # prepared in the group details, and then tick off the little circle in 'Preparation' mode. Here is the relevant section from the wiki...

Whilst in preparation mode note that there is a small check-box beside each spell (except Cantrips). By checking these boxes the player can determine which spells she will prepare.

When the Mode is now changed to 'Combat' a star symbol will show next to prepared spells. Additionally if a number has been entered into the spells prepared meta data section of the spell power group any unprepared spells will be hidden.

If the player has entered a 'prepared' number in the Spell Power Group then when she uses her last spell slot all spells (except Cantrips) will be removed from the actions tab.

That's correct. So what's confusing you about that?
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

For Clerics it is quite simple. I have the clerics in my games copy ALL of the cleric spells into their actions section of the character sheet. They then use the "Prepared" mode to tick the circle next to the spells they want to have prepared. When they switch over to "Combat", only the spells the have selected as prepared will show up on the list. It is up to the player to know how many spells they can select as prepared and manage it properly.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Zacchaeus View Post
    That's correct. So what's confusing you about that?
    I should say it wasn't obvious to me, but then again, I didn't read the wiki

Once you figure it out, it's not confusing at all.

Thread Information