Dungeons & Dragons 2024 Core Rulebooks Pre-Order

Thread: About Effects

About Effects

I would like to know if there will ever be any update in the Ruleset of DnD 5E that allows to create effects for some racial characteristics, such as Dwarven Resilience, Halfling Luck and Courage, Elf resistance to Charm, Gnome Cunning ... etc ....

Add to the wish list here.

Whether any gets added or not will, I suspect, depend as always on available resources and other priorities.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Blog Entries
    I will add that the standard response to add things to the wish list looks discouraging, but if you look at the last few releases, you will see features slowly but surely being added. There has been steady progress as resources have become available.
    Ultimate License. Running Hyperborea and CoC. Asks lots of questions. Mgpotter.com. PureVPN is a tested solution to run games when traveling. https://billing.purevpn.com/aff.php?aff=33044

Blog Entries
    Not sure what the issue is... Every time I make an elven character, which is often, it's my default race to go to, I just add RESIST: Charm and IMMUNE: Sleep as actionable abilities. Then every session just after the DM adds my character to the combat tracker I add the effects. Not sure of the other racial traits, never played a halfling. And it's been a while since I played a gnome, but I'd think they'd be similar.
    Last edited by Minty23185Fresh; September 15th, 2017 at 03:11. Reason: Oops. Typo
    Current Projects:
    Always...
    Community Contributions:
    Extensions: Bardic Inspiration, Druid Wild Shapes, Local Dice Tower, Library Field Filters
    Tutorial Blog Series: "A Neophyte Tackles (coding) the FG Extension".

Blog Entries
    Charm and Sleep are not conditions or damage types and basically just act as reminder text.
    Ultimate License. Running Hyperborea and CoC. Asks lots of questions. Mgpotter.com. PureVPN is a tested solution to run games when traveling. https://billing.purevpn.com/aff.php?aff=33044

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Myrdin Potter View Post
    Charm and Sleep are not conditions or damage types and basically just act as reminder text.
    Not sure what you're implying (theater of the mind?)...

Here is an example (screenshot) that it is more than just a reminder. Ava is resistant to charm (ADVSAV). The Sorcerer cast Charm Person. When "Cast" was clicked with Ava as the target, Ava rolled two dice, the lower value was discarded (advantage). She saved so the Sorcerer is not allowed to apply the Charmed Effect. (This seems to me to be completely consistent with most other spells.)
    Untitled.png
    Current Projects:
    Always...
    Community Contributions:
    Extensions: Bardic Inspiration, Druid Wild Shapes, Local Dice Tower, Library Field Filters
    Tutorial Blog Series: "A Neophyte Tackles (coding) the FG Extension".

Quote Originally Posted by Minty23185Fresh View Post
    Not sure what you're implying (theater of the mind?)...

Here is an example (screenshot) that it is more than just a reminder. Ava is resistant to charm (ADVSAV). The Sorcerer cast Charm Person. When "Cast" was clicked with Ava as the target, Ava rolled two dice, the lower value was discarded (advantage). She saved so the Sorcerer is not allowed to apply the Charmed Effect. (This seems to me to be completely consistent with most other spells.)
    Untitled.png
    FG does not recognise 'charm' or 'charmed' as a condition. Therefore it ignores the words after ADVSAV and so your character will get advantage to every saving throw they make - not just against charmed spells or the like. IMMUNE: sleep will however prevent the sleep condition being applied to your character.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Zacchaeus View Post
    FG does not recognise 'charm' or 'charmed' as a condition. Therefore it ignores the words after ADVSAV and so your character will get advantage to every saving throw they make...
    Oops. True enough. I stand corrected. Thanks.

Blog Entries
    https://www.dandwiki.com/wiki/5e_SRD:Conditions

Charmed is a condition, but sleep is not. I just think that FG looks for an attribute in "advantage" checks.

I do know that you need to be careful about ADVSAV to not get a bonus on every save.

Charm and sleep are not super common, so you can always apply an expiring effect before the DM casts it.

Thread Information