STAR TREK 2d20
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

New User Introduction

I thought since I had rudely introduced my self with a question I would give myself a proper introduction.

I began roleplaying in 1984 and quickly realized that I would much rather GM than be a player so I started to GM for my friends.
    Since we liked Superheroes and I wanted a generic system we began to use Hero System. I was a HUGE Hero System fan. Then came Deadlands. I still remember picking up
    Deadlands (the original) and getting the Players Guide because that was all the local brick store could get. We got involved in a long running Deadlands campaign (I actually played) and when I heard Savage Worlds was coming out I grabbed. I fell in love instantly.

However, around 2005 I changed my philosophy on life. This required me to limit my gaming. Soon after this philosophy change I got married (the philosophy change had nothing to do with the marriage) and this also limited my playing time till I pretty much stopped in 2006. Though I stopped, I never lost my love for creating adventures and running a good campaign.

Now, here it is 2017. My philosophy hasn't changed, but I think I can game a little within that philosophy. Since there is no local group anymore I have turned to VTT. I am currently working on a Savage Battlestar Galactica one shot, a Weird Romes oneshot, and hopefully a Savage Colonial America one shot. I would like to have them ready by the next FG XI, but they probably won't be since I am having to learn FG.

I have downloaded most of the SW extensions, a couple of DOE extensions. I have viewed video after video.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Blog Entries
    Welcome to the craziness!
    Ultimate License Holder

Welcome. I just got started here myself after a multi-year break from RPing.

Welcome
    SW is a fantastic ruleset. Just let me know if I can help with anything. The folks on the fantasy grounds discord channel are always helpful too
    Ultimate License Holder - My games are free to play
    Timezone: GMT

thanks for the replies. Getting my feet wet and working on my first adventure.

Blog Entries
    Welcome aboard! I just rejoined the hobby about a year and a half ago since I learned the local shop has Pathfinder Society. I had to learn "wtf is Pathfinder?" then "wtf is Pathfinder Society?" then I discovered Fantasy Grounds. We're a good bunch here, very friendly and accommodating. Lot of good discussions on the Discord too, by all means, join us there and say hi!

Blog Entries
    Well we're a good bunch other than that Talyn fella...
    Ultimate License Holder

Blog Entries
    Hmph!

My advice would be to not run a con one-shot until you are comfortable with FG. Also, you can run the one-shot with the looking for group calendar tool - there is a section just for one-shots and this would allow you to refine the adventure that you craft while gaining FG experience.

I have a pair of one-shots that in various stages of completion and plan on using the calendar tool to get in at least one test run for each. I am not too worried about the content, but I am wanting to run it live so I have a better handle on the time it takes to play out.

thanks for the advice

Thread Information