DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 1 of 2 12 Last
    Blog Entries

FG 3.3.0 monster manual, issue

So I was doing some background work using the 5eMM module/manual and met up with the following:
    Selection_004.png
    I believe the bits highlighted in read are meant to be text from the feat immediately above?

Indeed, and all of those were fixed in June - see the link below. You say version 3.3.0 but we are currently on v 3.3.1, so it looks like your copy of FG or possibly just the monster manual hasn't updated properly. Can you check your version number is correct on the start up screen and that the CoreRPG and 5e rulesets in chat say at least 3.3.1

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...l=1#post316727
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Blog Entries
    Of course, that's true, I AM on 3.3.1 from the main start screen. But after starting a 5e campaign i see:
    Selection_001.png
    which is where my 3.3.0 comment has come from.

The size of my WOTC5EMMDELUXE.dat file is "71,276,214". I tried to find a version place for the MM, but no luck. I'm gonna blow away this dat file from vault and see if there's any change when i update/download the file again.

Blog Entries
    Update - I blew away the dat file in vault, ran update and watched the download of a new file. Then i went into the campaign folder's moduledb and made sure to remove any MM xml files. Restarted FG, opened my campaign and took a look at mummy and vampire ... it's still the same as shown above (tested using FG on LX and WIN10)

Your 5e rulest should also be 3.3.1 so it is your ruleset that seems to be the problem. Go into your rulset folder and delete the coreRPG.pak and 5e.pak files and do another update.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Quote Originally Posted by Zacchaeus View Post
    Your 5e rulest should also be 3.3.1 so it is your ruleset that seems to be the problem. Go into your rulset folder and delete the coreRPG.pak and 5e.pak files and do another update.
    And make sure you do not have any "unpacked" versions of the ruleset in your rulesets folder.

Blog Entries
    hmmm ... well, i did as you suggest, but i'm still seeing the same thing. So i blew away everything in rulesets, removed extensions and modules ... problem remains.
    So ... well i'll upgrade to "test" and 3.3.2 ... see what i can see ... then downgrade back to 3.3.1.

As well as making sure that there are no unpacked (i.e folders within the ruleset folder or any .tmp files) as Andraax suggests try updating FG from the updater in the Store. Go to Downloads and All licences and download the installer and run that.

Blog Entries
    well some interesting results.
    # regarding your suggestion Zacchaeus ... yeah, i thought that too and so had re-downloaded the installer ... just in case
    # regarding .tmp files, well as i'm running this on LX via wine, can't say that i've ever noticed .tmp files anywhere
    # regarding unpackaged files within ruleset folder ... well i blew the folder away and am still seeing 5E and CoreRPG rulesets saying 3.3.0

Now then, what DID work?
    I switched to test and upgraded to 3.3.2 ... and everything was right in the world. Starting a new campaign, or loading up a pre-existing campaign showed CoreRPG, and 5E rulesets as 3.3.2. Promising!
    So then i reverted and selected LIVE again, and downgraded back to 3.3.1C and then ... boo! FAIL! Same problem.

If you 'blew the folder away' then FG wont work since there would be no rulesets. I assume you meant you deleted the folder and did an update but that didn't fix the issue?

It still sounds a bit to me like an updater problem somehow but I'm not familiar with LX (I assume that's Linux) architecture. Have you made sure that you don't have more than one instance of FG on your machine and that FG is pointing to the right location for your data files? Or possibly you have two data file locations?

Thread Information