DICE PACKS BUNDLE

Does Simulacrum have a soul?

Hello guys,

Does Simulacrum have a soul?
    I want the Simulacrum to use Magic Jar, but apparently a soul is necessary to use this spell

Thank you

Blog Entries
    I would rule no. A simulacrum is an illusion, it is not a living creature, therefore I do not see why it would have a soul.

That being said, my reading of the PHB does not show that the Magic Jar spell requires a creature you are trying to posses to have a soul, if that is what you are trying to do. So, if your PC is trying to posses the body of a simulacrum, I would allow it.

But, if a simulacrum is trying to cast a magic jar spell and posses something else, then no, it does not have a soul therefore it can not posses another creature.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Hi Gungnir1 welcome to FG.

Aside from what LE says above the simulacrum is an illusion and so would not have any kind of spellcasting abilities.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Thank you guys

But @Zacchaeus I don't know if I understood, Simulacrum can't cast spells? If it is a Simulacrum from a Wizard

Sorry if I made English mistakes, feel free to correct me, I'm still practicing

Ah, ok. I read as far as you create a beast. But I see you can also create a humanoid and I suppose if you create a Wizard then I suppose it could cast spells. And in fact reading the spell further it specifically says it can't regain spell slots so I withdraw my objection forthwith
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Okay xD

Thank you both very much for the fast replies.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Gungnir1 View Post
    Okay xD

Thank you both very much for the fast replies.
    Glad we helped and thanks for the Rep

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Thread Information