FG Spreadshirt Swag

Calendar Time Zone Inconsistency

Guessing at the best place to report this.

Discovered a weird thing on the calendar while trying to verify the time of a game. https://www.fantasygrounds.com/gamec.../dashboard.php shows times in GMT, while the event pages show times in BST. E.g., https://www.fantasygrounds.com/calendar/?id=2686 , shows 11:30pm BST, while the calendar page shows 22:30 GMT. These are both the same time, so this isn't technically a bug, but is confusing.

Blog Entries
    This is known. The dashboard calendar does not have the ability to adjust to the viewers timezone, while the event pages adjusts to the timezone you have set in your profile.

It is certainly less than ideal. I believe SmiteWorks has considered rebuilding that part of the webpage, but it hasn't been deemed a priority.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Ah, ok, thanks. I apparently haven't set my timezone, so seeing GMT and BST from a distance from both seemed even weirder!

EDIT: No, I have set my timezone to US Eastern. So there must be someplace else to set it. But that at least localizes the problem.
    Last edited by Pat512; August 15th, 2017 at 17:21.

GMT and BST are not the same - there's an hour of difference
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here http://fgapp.idea.informer.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Zacchaeus View Post
    GMT and BST are not the same - there's an hour of difference
    I know. I was saying 22:30 GMT and 11:30pm BST were the same!

yeah it's driving me nuts responding to posts and looking where I sent something at 0400... dude if I sent something at 0400 it's going to be an unintelligible mess. Anyway that's a pretty easy fix. Don't be lazy SW. Take the low hanging fruit

Quote Originally Posted by bukner View Post
    yeah it's driving me nuts responding to posts and looking where I sent something at 0400... dude if I sent something at 0400 it's going to be an unintelligible mess. Anyway that's a pretty easy fix. Don't be lazy SW. Take the low hanging fruit
    I think you're referring to something different to the rest of the discussion in this thread.

Set your timezone on your profile page - then you'll see post times in your preferred time zone.

Go here, and scroll down to "Date & Time Options": https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...do=editoptions
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Hmm seemed to aptly apply after rereading it. Regardless that doesn't fix the time errors I have. I sent this at 2350 my time and for me it displayed 0550. No worries. Appreciate you helping. Even more strange... I guess it takes awhile for the change to kick in. You're a genius... it all works now Thanks mate!
    Last edited by bukner; August 1st, 2021 at 06:54.

Blog Entries
    Hmm seemed to aptly apply after rereading it. Regardless that doesn't fix the time errors I have.
    How about screen shots of your profile and the errors you are seeing? A picture is worth a thousand words.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Hmm seemed to aptly apply after rereading it.
    This rest of this thread is referring to the start time of a game listed in the game calendar, not the display time of a forum post.

Glad you got your issue sorted out after setting your time zone.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Thread Information