DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 7 of 17 First ... 56789 ... Last

It's a suggestion. It's your extension. You asked what we thought. I think that making HP and Stamina match is more aesthetically pleasing and less confusing. Again, do as you would like. By the rules as written (i.e. the official character sheet from the book), the fields should be TOTAL SP, CURRENT SP, TOTAL HP, CURRENT HP. You've apparently been tweaking things enough to allow for the optional critical confirmation rules for NPCs. I figure that something that obscure is less of a priority for me as a player and GM than having the system calculate two of the most critical variables in a consistent manner.

Honestly, I feel like every time I point out an issue, you want to explain why you did it or didn't do it or don't want to do it. If I wanted to hear someone justify their reasons to not pay attention to my comments, I have two small children to provide that service. I would expect an adult asking for suggestions for an extension which is arguably designed to make it as simple and comfortable to play Starfinder over Fantasy Grounds to just take feedback and prioritize as they see fit.

I'm not telling you that you HAVE to do anything I say. I am saying that there's a better way to handle things, and if you feel like taking that on, that's great.

As before, when I pointed out that you had done things backwards, thus invalidating the work others had done, you spent how many messages telling me that you had done it because ...?

I. Do. Not. Care.

The feedback is provided so you can work on what makes sense to you after having read it. Not so you can tell me why you don't want to.
    Corwynn Maelstrom (a.k.a. Mathew)
    Ultimate License
    Presently developing an unannounced RPG

Gaming since '80 (starting with Holmes D&D)—hardened veteran...get off my lawn!

Starfinder Conversion Ext v1.6
    Revision Notes
    1.6- Updated party sheet.
    Main Tab-
    -Added Stamina health bar
    -Defence Section updated to SF with KAC/EAC
    Skills Tab
    -Updated to SF Skills.Character sheet main tab also had some changes. in the HP Frame. Added in a number box to place your total Stamina with a current block. and Resolve was moved down to the HP frame with a Home World text block replacing where the resolve was.

Samarex
    Discord User : Samarex#0318
    Ultimate License
    Starfinder Society ID#:274538
    Lets Play a RPG

Great work Samarex - thanks so much for your hard work in developing this extension and sharing with the community.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Grabbed the new version. Will install it before we run tomorrow. If we have anything new I'll make sure you know.
    Ultimate License

Issues:

1. There appears to be an issue with the Encumbrance system. I'm unable to edit the carrying capacity fields. The following error is thrown when I open up a character's inventory tab for the first time:

Script Error: [string "campaign/scripts/char_inv.lua"]:78: attempt to call field 'getSize' (a nil value)

2. Currently some skills are populating the Skills tab of the party sheet, others are not. (The first set, for example, are not currently populating.)

3. Not all skills are represented on the party sheet's skills tab.

4. It's not possible to populate the party sheet with new characters while the extension is active. I have to boot up the server with it turned off, add characters (by dragging them to the sheet), shut down, then enable it again. Only then can I boot a server that has the party sheet populated with the characters.

5. Attempting to attack via combat tracker throws the following error:

Script Error: [string "scripts/manager_action_attack.lua"]:265: attempt to call field 'getEffectsBonus' (a nil value)
    Last edited by corwynn; September 20th, 2017 at 16:57.
    Ultimate License

So, I am not sure which version we used during Monday's session, but I have tried 1.3, 1.4, and 1.6 and been unable to get combat working. As such, I'm disabling the extension for today's session. I can't fathom what I am running which is different from Talen, be SOMETHING is clearly not playing nice. (FWIW, I shut down EVERY extension but the Starfinder Conversion in order to eliminate any conflicts. I know for sure that Talen is running at least custom decals and the Official Pathfinder Theme like I normally do, but I shut them down anyway—years working Technical Support and QA say always eliminate potential points of conflict when troubleshooting.)
    Last edited by corwynn; September 20th, 2017 at 17:13.
    Ultimate License

You may be encountering a new issue related to yesterdays FG update that i did not have to deal with on monday. The update may have broken the extension until that is updated as well.

Oh, was it yesterday? I thought it was Monday morning that the update had gone off. That may be breaking some things.
    Ultimate License

I up dated to 3.3.2 last night before finishing the Party Sheet changes. I can't get any of these to repeat. (Also ran a Update check before testing)

@Talen Can you run a test and see if you get the same? Please.

@ Crowynn: Was your testing on a precreated Campaign if so Can you create a new campaign and test.
    Past experience with campaigns and adding a new ext causes errors. Not often but sometimes.

Skills Noted. Will Add Culture [I missed that one] Profession is a skill that has to many variable Skills to add. other than those what ones you referring too?

Quote Originally Posted by corwynn View Post
    Issues:

1. There appears to be an issue with the Encumbrance system. I'm unable to edit the carrying capacity fields. The following error is thrown when I open up a character's inventory tab for the first time:

Script Error: [string "campaign/scripts/char_inv.lua"]:78: attempt to call field 'getSize' (a nil value)

2. Currently some skills are populating the Skills tab of the party sheet, others are not. (The first set, for example, are not currently populating.)

3. Not all skills are represented on the party sheet's skills tab.

4. It's not possible to populate the party sheet with new characters while the extension is active. I have to boot up the server with it turned off, add characters (by dragging them to the sheet), shut down, then enable it again. Only then can I boot a server that has the party sheet populated with the characters.

5. Attempting to attack via combat tracker throws the following error:

Script Error: [string "scripts/manager_action_attack.lua"]:265: attempt to call field 'getEffectsBonus' (a nil value)
    Last edited by Samarex; September 21st, 2017 at 04:30.
    Ultimate License
    Lets Play a RPG

Quote Originally Posted by Samarex View Post
    I up dated to 3.3.2 last night before finishing the Party Sheet changes. I can't get any of these to repeat. (Also ran a Update check before testing)

@Talen Can you run a test and see if you get the same? Please.

@ Crowynn: Was your testing on a precreated Campaign if so Can you create a new campaign and test.
    Past experience with campaigns and adding a new ext causes errors. Not often but sometimes.

Skills Noted. Will Add Culture [I missed that one] Profession is a skill that has to many variable Skills to add. other than those what ones you referring too?

Ok I did get one to repeat and might get some more. I had the 3.5E rule-set un-zipped for searching so by defualt it used that rule set instead of the 3.3.2 updated rule set. So some of them are showing up I will try and see what I can do...
    Ultimate License
    Lets Play a RPG

Thread Information