DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 1 of 4 123 ... Last

Pathfinder Ruleset v 3.3.0

For purposes of module creation, can someone explain the details about the four abilities categories (Feats, Class Abilities, Proficiencies, Racial Traits)? How should these be categorized in a module so that they land in the right box on the character sheet when dragged and dropped?

Can you provide an example?

Classic & Unity Ultimate License Holder

Responded in the v3.3.0 Issues thread as well.

On the racial traits, class abilities, feats and proficiencies, I just checked these for someone else earlier, and they appear to be working. Class Abilities and Racial Traits will only be placed in the correct lists when added from a class or race record (either using drag and drop of class record to level up, or by dragging from the class/race record onto the PC abilities tab). Proficiencies specifically look for a class ability named "Weapon and Armor Proficiency" using the same wording as the official OGL material. Feats should be able to be added by dragging and dropping from the feat records. Note, the official class and race record data with abilities/traits built-in won't be available until the official Paizo material is released.

If you are asking for creating data through XML, the correct window classes to use are "referenceclass", "referenceclassability", "referencerace", "referenceracialtrait", and "referencefeat".

Regards,
    JPG

Quote Originally Posted by Moon Wizard View Post
    Responded in the v3.3.0 Issues thread as well.

On the racial traits, class abilities, feats and proficiencies, I just checked these for someone else earlier, and they appear to be working. Class Abilities and Racial Traits will only be placed in the correct lists when added from a class or race record (either using drag and drop of class record to level up, or by dragging from the class/race record onto the PC abilities tab). Proficiencies specifically look for a class ability named "Weapon and Armor Proficiency" using the same wording as the official OGL material. Feats should be able to be added by dragging and dropping from the feat records. Note, the official class and race record data with abilities/traits built-in won't be available until the official Paizo material is released.

If you are asking for creating data through XML, the correct window classes to use are "referenceclass", "referenceclassability", "referencerace", "referenceracialtrait", and "referencefeat".

Regards,
    JPG
    JPG -- Excellent, thank you.

Classic & Unity Ultimate License Holder

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Moon Wizard View Post
    Proficiencies specifically look for a class ability named "Weapon and Armor Proficiency" using the same wording as the official OGL material. Feats should be able to be added by dragging and dropping from the feat records. Note, the official class and race record data with abilities/traits built-in won't be available until the official Paizo material is released.
    Is that implying that once the Paizo content is out, there will be <feats> or <traits> whatever embedded within the character XML like 5E does or is it going to continue parsing text?

The character XML should already include XML for those lists. ("featlist", "specialabilitylist", "proficiencylist", "traitlist")
    When data is added to one of these lists, all the text will be copied to that character, so it can be customized for each character.

Regards,
    JPG

Blog Entries
    Err... I meant in the class data files, not the resulting character file. My bad, wrong terminology.

Right now that's just formatted text, at least in the Basic Rules module. Whereas in 5E, I would embed that in the XML for that class.

Try creating a new class/race record and adding some abilities/traits to those records, then you can see how the data is built in the campaign XML file.

Regards,
    JPG

Blog Entries
    Yeah, I did that part, I was just trying to figure out where it was coming from in the source SRD files because I never saw that data actually embedded within the class data there. I'll need to know because I've got a third-party PFRPG project in my queue down the road. Not anything critical right now, just trying to forearm myself with information.

The OGL data currently provided with FG does not contain any of the information. We are waiting on Paizo product release for the official data.

Regards,
    JPG

Blog Entries
    Yep, that's what I was asking: if once that content is available, will FG continue parsing for the OGL terminology or will the data be embedded? It sounds like embedded? If so, that's awesome and hopefully I'll be able to learn the new data out of the SRD...

Thread Information