DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 2 of 3 First 123 Last
    Quote Originally Posted by Trenloe View Post
    You can use WinRAR, but you need to set it to use ZIP compression.

And, as the file that Andraax provided (with the right compress) showed - the XML in the db.xml file is not complete - make sure all XML tags are closed properly.
    THAT was a very important bit of info! Thanks. I thought I had it right, but when I went to the Library, it wasn't showing.

Went back, changed the compression to .zip and voila. Closed the string, and things seem to be correct.

So, that was a learning experience.

Here is the completed file:
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by Captcorajus; August 11th, 2017 at 07:47.

Are you going to post your extension with your custom functions? I wanted to see how you did your periodic variable and lunar day calculations...

Quote Originally Posted by Andraax View Post
    Are you going to post your extension with your custom functions? I wanted to see how you did your periodic variable and lunar day calculations...
    Lol, I have no idea what you're talking about. I was happy to get the days of the week and the months to appear, and get the number of days in the month right. After that, you're on your own.

All I did was take an existing calendar mod, remove the holidays, insert the Thulean specific info and save. That's it. If anyone with more skill wants to add more please, feel free, and
    post the work!

Well, you set the function names for lunardaycalc and periodvarcalc to "thulean" so I figured you wrote functions for those. Without those functions, your calendar won't match year after year. Every month will start on Asura's Day, even if the previous month didn't end on Ishtar's Day (and it never will with 7 day weeks and all months being either 30 or 31 days). Plus, unless your year is always exactly 367 days, you need to include variable month lengths to handle leap years.

I'd be happy to help you out, but I need information like that posted in this thread: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...l=1#post348283

I'd be happy to help you out, but I need information like that posted in this thread: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...l=1#post348283
    Thanks, any additional help would be most welcome.

You see, I changed it because it referenced middle earth (Hobbits), so i just altered that to avoid any ME referance.

The setting guide isn't really specific, and due to the nature of the setting holidays are not important. Basically, the months are 31 or 30 days, and equate to real Earth dates. I used the Knuckle trick for which months were 31, or 30.

Thule is basically an 'alternate Earth' so the cycles are similar.

Atlantean Month Sign Equivalent
    Tebon The Chariot (Capricorn) March
    Sana The Slave (Aquarius) April
    Adar The Dragon (Pisces) May
    Nidon The Ram (Aries) June
    Taru The Bull (Taurus) July
    Samon The Throne (Gemini) August
    Dumet The Messenger (Cancer) September
    Abron The Lion (Leo) October
    Ulon The Warrior (Virgo) November
    Tisra The Mammoth (Libra) December
    Samnu The Scorpion (Scorpio) January
    Kislon The Chimera (Sagittarius) February'

Thus, if you used the Lunar cycles from the Gregorian Calendar, that would match up with Thule.

The days are named after major deities as follows:
    • Asura’s Day
    • Tarhun’s Day
    • Kishar’s Day
    • Nergal’s Day
    • Tiamat’s Day
    • Mithra’s Day
    • Ishtar’s Day

The guide simply says that the months follow the phases of the moon, so as I said, using the Gregorian phases will work perfectly.

there is no mention of 'leap years', and so I just made February 30 days instead of 28

Does that help?

Well, Gregorian calculations won't work. You have the year setup for 367 days, and the Gregorian calendar uses a year of 365 or 366 days (depending on year). Also, our lunar cycles are a tad over 28 days, so they will never match up with your 30/31 day months.

OK, since you're not going to give me any more information apparently, this is the best I can do with what you've supplied. Load the extension when you start your campaign, then reset and reload the calendar (I made changes). If you use the moon tracker with a period of 29.53 days, you should be able to get this display:

Attached Files Attached Files

OK, since you're not going to give me any more information apparently, this is the best I can do with what you've supplied. Load the extension when you start your campaign, then reset and reload the calendar (I made changes). If you use the moon tracker with a period of 29.53 days, you should be able to get this display:
    All I can say is thanks for the extra work, this final result is more than I hoped for! I couldn't give you any more information as I simply don't have any. I gave you all the info from the campaign guide, but, given that this is homebrew as well, there's no reason not to just 'make it up' as it were, so thanks.

Your help is greatly appreciated, and I'm sure will be appreciated by anyone else running Thule in FG! THANK YOU!
    Last edited by Captcorajus; August 12th, 2017 at 20:12.

As I mentioned in my post, that's if you use the moon tracker extension (written by DMFirmy): https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...cker-Extension

Thread Information