FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 2 of 2 First 12
    Thank you for the information, but it is hard to copy existing races with Volo's Guide player races. This is what I've currently have for my Tabaxi's Cat's Talent feature. CatTalent2.JPG
    My class problem may have something to do with me only having the $39 FG. I've actually used the Wizard from the Basic Rules module and copied all of that's into my own Wizard. After all that copying, I then decided to try the Wizard from the Basic Rules module on the PC character sheet and even that one wouldn't access the Evocation School on level 2 (which it is set-up for that School.)

Not sure what you mean by hard to copy. Open the Races window (by clicking on the big races button on the right hand side - if you don't see races then click on library and check the races box in the top panel). Now find the race you want and drag it and drop it back down into the window to make a copy.

Again, from your picture you posted you still don't have the wording correct - you have missed off the 's' in skills. As has been said you need the exact phrase otherwise it will not work.

Which license you have is immaterial.

For a Wizard you need to have a feature called Arcane Tradition with the 'Spec Choice' ticked. You then need the class specializations (which are basically just descriptive text); then you need the features for each school with the name of the school in the 'Spec Required' box. Watch the video carefully - you are missing a step somewhere.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

First my module selection is very limited. I open Library and then press Modules, I get these options: Calendars, DD Basic Rules-DM, DD Basic Rules-Player, DD5E SRD Bestiary, DD5E SRD Data, DD5E SRD Magic Items, Default Fumble and Critical Hit Tables, FG Battle Maps. If there is more I'm suppose to get I don't know how. With this set-up I don't get any of the Volo's Guide races. That was what I was referring to as no other race has a talent that gives two skills. For the Wizard class, I tried to use the pre-coded version from DD Basic Rules. Without any changes, I put it in the PC Character Sheet and raised it to level 2 and it didn't ask me for a school to choose, even tho it had Evocation to choose from.

Quote Originally Posted by SiriusCentauri View Post
    First my module selection is very limited. I open Library and then press Modules, I get these options: Calendars, DD Basic Rules-DM, DD Basic Rules-Player, DD5E SRD Bestiary, DD5E SRD Data, DD5E SRD Magic Items, Default Fumble and Critical Hit Tables, FG Battle Maps. If there is more I'm suppose to get I don't know how. With this set-up I don't get any of the Volo's Guide races. That was what I was referring to as no other race has a talent that gives two skills. For the Wizard class, I tried to use the pre-coded version from DD Basic Rules. Without any changes, I put it in the PC Character Sheet and raised it to level 2 and it didn't ask me for a school to choose, even tho it had Evocation to choose from.
    Ok, it wasn't clear that you didn't have any other books other than the ones that come free with the license. Modules like the PHB and Volo's Guide are separate purchases. The Wizard in the basic rules only has the one School so clearly that is the only one available so you get it automatically. In other words there's no choice so you don't obviously need a choice box popping up if there's no choice to make.

Having said all that, your post has enabled me to identify a problem with the classes in the basic rules. Despite there only being one choice that choice was not actually being added automatically. I'll get that fixed and hopefully it'll be available in the next update.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Thread Information