STAR TREK 2d20
Page 4 of 8 First ... 23456 ... Last
    Thanks for taking up the mantle of the "improved critical" extension. I sort of just made it and forgot about it.

No worries, I did combine it with the Vitality rules though.

Did you need to change anything about how the Improved Critical mod "actually worked" or was it mainly merging two different extensions? I ask because that was my first ever attempt at doing an extension and I was learning as I went. It likely could have been done better...hehe

Not that I remember, I just needed to ad it to/replace the appropriate code.

So where can I find improved critical that works with the current update?

I installed this one but the vitality part is pretty harsh when playing Tomb of Annihilation.

As long as you don't use the Vitality mod, my Improved Critical extension should work with version 3.3.4 (I just tested it).

You can find it here:

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...roved-Critical

I was starting a new campaign and wanted to use the Vitality rules and a improved critical damage. When I loaded this extension, it disabled the spell slot counter for NPC spellcasters and disabled the Combat Timer extension.
    Ultimate License Holder
    Time Zone: U.S. Eastern (GMT -5 or -4; Check Local Listings)
    DM: D&D 5E - Out of the Abyss
    Player: Homebrew Worlds on FG and Waterdeep Dragon Heist Live

Is this extension still working with the latest FG update? In a game I ran this weekend, this appeared to not apply damage to Vitality first, instead giving it to wounds.

Quote Originally Posted by paladiusdarkhelm View Post
    Is this extension still working with the latest FG update? In a game I ran this weekend, this appeared to not apply damage to Vitality first, instead giving it to wounds.
    I'm using it in one of my current campaigns. Other than the concerns I've posted above, it appears to be working properly with regards to calculating damage taken.

If the character still has hp remaining, those should be reduced (wounds increased) first. Vitality is only reduced when all hp is expended or if the character takes 10 or more points of damage in one hit.
    Ultimate License Holder
    Time Zone: U.S. Eastern (GMT -5 or -4; Check Local Listings)
    DM: D&D 5E - Out of the Abyss
    Player: Homebrew Worlds on FG and Waterdeep Dragon Heist Live

Ah, thank you for the clarification!

Thread Information