Dungeons & Dragons 2024 Core Rulebooks Pre-Order
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Force Critical Damage

Hi All,

Last night at the end of our session my characters leveled and one of the received an ability that delivers critical damage on any hit. I can't recall what it was called right now and it is more detailed than that, I believe the enemy must be surprised. Anyway I'm not very good with making effects, if I can't drag it out of the PHB and have it work or make an easy tweak I handled it manually.

While I believe I could handle this easily manually, just have the player roll the appropriate damage dice after the automatic damage roll and adjust in the combat tracker. I was wondering if there is some effect I could apply before they roll damage to force a crit damage roll. Ideally a button like we have for advantage / disadvantage would be great but clearly that doesn't exists.

Thanks

They can either hold Shift down when draggin the damage, or they can make a separate weapon line called <insert weapon name here> with critical, and double the damage.

Edit: Couldn't remember if it was Ctrl or Shift
    Last edited by Nylanfs; August 3rd, 2017 at 22:47.

Blog Entries
    As a general rule, holding down shift while rolling damage makes it a critical.
    Ultimate License. Running Hyperborea and CoC. Asks lots of questions. Mgpotter.com. PureVPN is a tested solution to run games when traveling. https://billing.purevpn.com/aff.php?aff=33044

And clicking the "Critical" button in the Modifiers window before rolling damage.

You probably don't want to make it a weapon entry with double damage, because you'll then get x4 damage when they roll a 20.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Wow thanks, I'm not in front of the game I must of never noticed the Crit button. Shift Key is easy enough.

Quote Originally Posted by Trenloe View Post
    And clicking the "Critical" button in the Modifiers window before rolling damage.

You probably don't want to make it a weapon entry with double damage, because you'll then get x4 damage when they roll a 20.
    I just wanted to reply to this. The shift key method worked fine but I don't see a Critical button with the rest of the modifier buttons. I'm sure I'm missing something obvious but I didn't see it.

Here it is
    Attached Images Attached Images
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Quote Originally Posted by Zacchaeus View Post
    Here it is
    I honestly don't see that but my theme doesn't look like that. I'll look again when I go home and take a screen shot

Doesn't matter what your theme is; it'll be in the same place.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Quote Originally Posted by Zacchaeus View Post
    Doesn't matter what your theme is; it'll be in the same place.
    Unless the theme removed the button. (Don't know why it would, but it's possible.)
    I never claimed to be sane. Besides, it's more fun this way.

Thread Information